Bucket for larger head

I am looking to get a good trooper bucket, and i have a larger head. No, I don't mean like massively abnormal big, but it is a tad larger than average. This being said, which bucket would do well for me....and about how much do they typically run?

-mauler

IC-5816

It depends how screen accurate you want to be. I got a big grape (7 5/8's, or 23.5" around) and I just got my first lid which is an AP (which are said to be the smaller variety) so although it's a little tight going on, it fits just fine when it's in place and I'm VERY happy with it, cuz it looks GREAT. I found the larger lids out there weren't as screen accurate as I would like.

My two cents :)

Part is how you trim/assemble too. Once in my garrison we lined up a few buckets : two TE2, and AP, and an RT. What was the "biggest" and "smallest" when the four of us tried them on? Yup, each of the TE2's. The ANHv2.5 is easily roomier though.

Part is how you trim/assemble too. Once in my garrison we lined up a few buckets : two TE2, and AP, and an RT. What was the "biggest" and "smallest" when the four of us tried them on? Yup, each of the TE2's. The ANHv2.5 is easily roomier though.

Exactly right. You can do a TE2 so that it's got quite a bit of room... the brow will be lower and the opening bigger, but it's more about how you assemble it than the actual helmet.

Of course what everyone else said is true too. B)

Very true. I've got a smaller noggin, so on my other lid I trimmed the cap brow a little higher, so that the face sits up slightly more, so that the chin doesn't hit my chest as much. This makes it "smaller". I can see that if you did the higher brow look, and angled it out slightly, it would look and fit slightly bigger too.

I've got a pretty big noggin and I fit into the MRCE. I've only tried on 2 other TK buckets, my old FX and a Garrison mate's AP, but it was assembled very small and I wasn't able to get it on.

Like everyone else has said, the majority of the sizing and fit is in the construction. You are building to your body, so you will make it fit you.