The Peak of Armor making

MooCizzle

I've been sitting around and wondering this lately. As of 10-ish years ago, we had FX, which was mostly inaccurate. Fast foward to now, and we have TE2 AP, etc.

My question : Is armor going to peak to the level of pure idealized/true movie armor? In ten or more years will it be super commerically availble? I was just wondering some of your thoughts on the matter.

Some day you'll just have a 3-D scan of yourself and the computer will use it to map out the appropriate files for armor. You're in-home 3-D printer will create a set out of whatever material you want.

One thing is for certain this hobby will never stand still. Not just in the stormtrooper world, but in other 501st costumes as well. On the IOC forums they are bemoaning the coming of the Museum Replicas soft costumes. Prices keep coming down, quality up.

Some day you'll just have a 3-D scan of yourself and the computer will use it to map out the appropriate files for armor. You're in-home 3-D printer will create a set out of whatever material you want.

One thing is for certain this hobby will never stand still. Not just in the stormtrooper world, but in other 501st costumes as well. On the IOC forums they are bemoaning the coming of the Museum Replicas soft costumes. Prices keep coming down, quality up.

Don't forget Museum Replicas is working on armored costumes as well. Supposedly they have found ANH suits buried in the LFL archives.

Don't forget Museum Replicas is working on armored costumes as well. Supposedly they have found ANH suits buried in the LFL archives.

Yes. I'd really like to see a couple of the pictures they've taken there. Specially from the innards of the suits. I think I'll write to them to see if they are willing to share something with us...