myfxstudio

I think I have just made my first mistake. And a rather big one at that. I recently purchased my stormtrooper armor from myfxstudio.com. I assumed this was a simple fx kit. After more research though it looks like this is the rubies "supreme edition" that everyone says is crap. :( <_< Its been a few days, and it hasn't shipped yet. Is this costume modifiable? Should I exchange it for the Vader? Do I have any hope at all?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

It’s going to require a lot of work to make it up to 501st standards. That being said if you are up to the task, we are all here to help you with it. If you do keep it you should go with a ROTJ trooper since the armor is closest to that style. You are going to have to ditch the helmet, but can probably can sell it on eBay and use the money from that to get a different helmet. You are going to have to do a lot of trimming to fit the armor to your body as well as implementing a new strapping system.

I just checked their site and they are "exchange only". Call your CC company and tell them it was ordered by mistake by your son or something and get them to reverse the charges. You can do much better, but if they ship it you're stuck.

What I can say is that whatever your situation, we're here to help and will do our best to get you sorted with whatever you end up with.

The Rubies takes a lot of work to get to 501st approval, but it can be done.

I just checked their site and they are "exchange only". Call your CC company and tell them it was ordered by mistake by your son or something and get them to reverse the charges. You can do much better, but if they ship it you're stuck.

Haha. I'm not that mean but the idea is pretty amusing. ;)

Thanks every one for all the advice, and quick responses. Can't believe the number of responses by the time I got home. I politely explained the situation told them someday I might mod a set to be rots accurate but for my first project by myself(I've helped a few friends) I wished to cancel my order. They understood and said it was ok to cancel since it had not shipped. :)

Again. Thanks all.

Aust so I don't screw things again, can anyone recommend a good fx seller? EDIT: PM me please. Do not post here. Thanks

Haha. I'm not that mean but the idea is pretty amusing. ;)

Thanks every one for all the advice, and quick responses. Can't believe the number of responses by the time I got home. I politely explained the situation told them someday I might mod a set to be rots accurate but for my first project by myself(I've helped a few friends) I wished to cancel my order. They understood and said it was ok to cancel since it had not shipped. :)

Again. Thanks all.

Aust so I don't screw things again, can anyone recommend a good fx seller? EDIT: PM me please. Do not post here. Thanks

Phew! It was close! :lol:

How tall are you?

Because you can go with other options other than the FX.

In any case, contact your local Garrison. Usually they are a great starting point, and you can see the suits in person, which really helps.

Or post your doubts on these forums, of course! :D

Glad you were able to take care of that before it shipped. Deckard is definitely the man to contact about FX armor.

Phew! It was close! :lol:

How tall are you?

Because you can go with other options other than the FX.

In any case, contact your local Garrison. Usually they are a great starting point, and you can see the suits in person, which really helps.

Or post your doubts on these forums, of course! :D

Yeah, a little too close. I'm 5'4" so while fx isn't really the best size option for me, I don't have the money for high quality stuff. I'll be making several modifications. Eventually the goal is to at least get an AP lid. But I think the larger fx will be better learning with the bigger space.

Yeah, a little too close. I'm 5'4" so while fx isn't really the best size option for me, I don't have the money for high quality stuff. I'll be making several modifications. Eventually the goal is to at least get an AP lid. But I think the larger fx will be better learning with the bigger space.

At 5'4" your going to look like the FX is eating you alive.

If I might give some sound advice..

While the FX may be cheaper, a star wars costume is an investment and i would recommend since you do know of or have access to better options, you should save your money and wait to get a more accurate and better fitting kit. You will be much happier in the long run since like me you will probably tire of the FX quickly and want a more accurate suit anyways. So if your the patient type, waiting and saving can be cheaper and lead to more joy down the road.

Just my 2 cents but the final decision is yours of course.

At 5'4" your going to look like the FX is eating you alive.

If I might give some sound advice..

While the FX may be cheaper, a star wars costume is an investment and i would recommend since you do know of or have access to better options, you should save your money and wait to get a more accurate and better fitting kit. You will be much happier in the long run since like me you will probably tire of the FX quickly and want a more accurate suit anyways. So if your the patient type, waiting and saving can be cheaper and lead to more joy down the road.

Just my 2 cents but the final decision is yours of course.

I was planning on heavily modding the fx. especially the chest, that always bugs me, even on tall people.

Well. I have knowledge the others are out there but I kind of lack the knowledge of price, and where to get the kits. Information on anything other than fx is a little tougher to find. In fact I think 99% is on this board, so I guess I'm in the right place. ;) I'm guess I'm off to try and find more about AP and maybe TE2?

I was planning on heavily modding the fx. especially the chest, that always bugs me, even on tall people.

Well. I have knowledge the others are out there but I kind of lack the knowledge of price, and where to get the kits. Information on anything other than fx is a little tougher to find. In fact I think 99% is on this board, so I guess I'm in the right place. ;) I'm guess I'm off to try and find more about AP and maybe TE2?

Well the FX can only be modded for someone short to an extent. Im 5'10" and the suit is still a little big on me.

I have seen shorter people in the FX and its generally not a very pretty sight

If you can afford that deformed rubies suit that your not far away from a more accurate costume.

Ill PM you some info.

If you get in touch with AP, ask for 2nds. I've been told he offers kits sometimes with minor imperfections for a reduced price.

Seeing the price of the Rubies costume you almost bought you're not that far away from an AP. :)

If you get in touch with AP, ask for 2nds. I've been told he offers kits sometimes with minor imperfections for a reduced price.

Seeing the price of the Rubies costume you almost bought you're not that far away from an AP. :)

Haha, unfortunately yes. seriously considering te2 now though. May as well go all the way. ;)

Thats what I am talking about...

Get er done man!

Welcome to the obsession. Check your wallet at the door, saved a seat for you. Front row, third chair.

WhOOooHoooOO!