LaFleur ANH Stunt TK build, RWA 2mm

Lafleur

🙂 work continues and the build is slowly taking shape. Everything goes slower as many steps are small adjustments rather than big pieces.

GLOVES:

m54qbIX.jpeg

UPPER LEGS:

xzvBS4H.jpeg

On the right one I’m a bit unsure regarding the knee pack. Before I drill a hole at the wrong place I’ll ask here. Is placement right? Is there anything to keep in mind?

Got a suggestion that @TKSpartan may have useful insight? 🙂

Off course all others with helpful thoughts are more than welcome too.

tAkZpJD.jpeg
MyYVY8e.jpeg

k8pkAdQ.jpeg

• Like 1

Is there a recommended width for the shoulders or anything to keep in mind before gluing them on?

Wanting to apply for both Expert and Centurion so would rather do it right the first time.

Jfg2VpK.jpeg

• Like 2

The rivets on the thigh ammo pack should be a certain distance from the edges but I don't find the picture that I had been looking at before!

56 minutes ago, Lafleur said:

Is there a recommended width for the shoulders or anything to keep in mind before gluing them on?

Wanting to apply for both Expert and Centurion so would rather do it right the first time.

Jfg2VpK.jpeg

Some references to guide you

Thigh ammo pack

qCTzKbR.jpg    trkmLtl.jpg?1  UvyA9dL.jpg

uUaFG6n.jpg

For the Shoulder Bridges 

The most common position is to glue from the large tab plus  4 or 5 tabs  towards the shoulder.  

H8SyVHA.jpg

3nUTEt2.jpg

• Like 2

Here's another RWA for comparison (approved at EI). 1 large tab and 4 1/2 small tabs on chest.

73e936d80f30548b4e939f48c28acea4.jpg27907ab6486ac536a08aeb8a3aff5cf7.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Some references to guide you

Thigh ammo pack

qCTzKbR.jpg    trkmLtl.jpg?1  UvyA9dL.jpg

uUaFG6n.jpg

For the Shoulder Bridges 

The most common position is to glue from the large tab plus  4 or 5 tabs  towards the shoulder.  

H8SyVHA.jpg

3nUTEt2.jpg

Just looked at mine, and I have 1 large + 4! :rolleyes: So I guess for spacing on the rivet for the thigh ammo pack, since the rivet is 8mm in diameter, it would be safe to do 10mm distance from the top and left, just so that it is evenly spaced at the same distance from the edges (when the rivet is in place the distance would be 5-6mm from the edges). I've seen some applications be denied because of the rivet spacing, but that's usually when it is too close to the top edge right (or left edge for that matter)? As far as I know we don't have a set measurement for this

6 hours ago, Nairy said:

but that's usually when it is too close to the top edge right (or left edge for that matter)?

Excatly. The Crl don't give a exact distance but the references are clear. Some troopers place the rivet too close to the edge.  

• Like 1

Hey guys. Before I press the fittings for the knee boxes. Did my efforts turn out okay? It was super hard getting it where I wanted and I’m a bit off.

But what do you think, okay for centurion? 🙂

@Nairy @TKSpartan @gmrhodes13

** and I know, the press fittings are wrong side out. I’m just using them like that as support to see how it turned out and get your opinion …

Q3tSEXI.jpeg

Sk7GYN0.jpeg

79Pnlhu.jpeg

GPy5vk8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafleur said:

Hey guys. Before I press the fittings for the knee boxes. Did my efforts turn out okay? It was super hard getting it where I wanted and I’m a bit off.

But what do you think, okay for centurion? 🙂

@Nairy @TKSpartan @gmrhodes13

** and I know, the press fittings are wrong side out. I’m just using them like that as support to see how it turned out and get your opinion …

GPy5vk8.jpeg

Position looks ok but your rivet is not correct

gallery_12157_78_1344899.jpggallery_12157_78_1204509.jpg

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

But you could check with your GML, he/she/they may allow for basic approval

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

• Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

I think that it's harsh saying that the rivet is not correct here! This should be good for Centurion, unless there is something I'm not seeing that the Deployment Officers sees of course!

ZWsJXHh.pngbVpeOW0.png

The rivets you just put there looks better positioned than on my armor! If you take photos from the inside of the leg @Lafleur, we will see the position more clearly!

10 minutes ago, Nairy said:

I think that it's harsh saying that the rivet is not correct here! This should be good for Centurion, unless there is something I'm not seeing that the Deployment Officers sees of course!

• L2
  • Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

Not solid head 

GPy5vk8.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

it’s not fitted, just used it so the boxes would stay in place. The side you see is the back and this is the front.

And these are correct right??

WVl1HcG.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafleur said:

it’s not fitted, just used it so the boxes would stay in place. The side you see is the back and this is the front.

WVl1HcG.jpeg

They are fine (correct way around) 

• Like 1

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:
  • L2
  • Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

Not solid head 

GPy5vk8.jpeg

He said "** and I know, the press fittings are wrong side out. I’m just using them like that as support to see how it turned out and get your opinion …", so I interpreted your message wrong then Glen, my bad! :peace: I read "position is good" as (the position of the rivet on the thigh ammo pack) and that the "rivet is not correct" as (the position of the rivet on the thigh itself), sorry for any confusion here!

You're all good Daniel

3 minutes ago, Lafleur said:

WVl1HcG.jpeg

Yes they are approx 8mm in diameter! 

5 hours ago, Lafleur said:

Correct. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Ive been doing som small adjustments and fixing the strappings for the ab and backplate so they position better.

svrjqAx.jpeg

y3waCJT.jpeg

now they don’t move that much over my two abs 😂

• Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 6:34 AM, Lafleur said:

Quick test fit on the upper body armor. What do you guys think?

wrADvwL.jpeg

Looks pretty good so far,  your helmet is sitting a bit too high however. 

You may want to remove some of the padding from the top to get it to sit closer to the shoulders.

Q3lQjCg.jpg

References

zV87fcf.jpg  9uhAeG4.jpgDvsOYFf.png

If you are thinking of higher level approval, you may want to bring your belt up slightly so it sits just above the bottom of the lowest button on the ab plate.  I use velcro on mine to hold it in place.

bUr24Ok.jpg

References

HXA6oHc.jpg BY2lylF.jpg

On 10/16/2024 at 1:22 AM, Doggydoc said:

Looks pretty good so far,  your helmet is sitting a bit too high however. 

You may want to remove some of the padding from the top to get it to sit closer to the shoulders.

Q3lQjCg.jpg

References

zV87fcf.jpg  9uhAeG4.jpgDvsOYFf.png

If you are thinking of higher level approval, you may want to bring your belt up slightly so it sits just above the bottom of the lowest button on the ab plate.  I use velcro on mine to hold it in place.

bUr24Ok.jpg

References

HXA6oHc.jpg BY2lylF.jpg

@Doggydoc  Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your input.

Sadly I have a very long neck. I have zero padding in the top of the helmet so it’s laying directly on my head with just the balaclava. So this is the best I can do I’m afraid 😥

Regarding the position of the belt it’s noted and will be addressed in coming fittings and pictures.

I am at the moment preparing everything for Expert and hopefully Centurion.

Once more a big thank you!

• Like 1

For anyone following this thread I have gotten basic approval on my suit and at the moment aiming for Expert and Centurion.

Also a big thank you to everyone that have contributed with input and good ideas during my build! You and this community are priceless 🤍 A special warm thank you goes to my supporting mentor and fellow Swedish Garrison TK @Nairy 

D0yfyhJ.png

• Like 4