LaFleur ANH Stunt TK build, RWA 2mm

Lafleur

Hello. Fellow trooper from Sweden here signing in and aiming high to join the friends in white 😀

Helmet and Armor: RWA 2mm

E11 Blaster: Troopacoola

As the thread is created a lot of basic work is done. Helmet assembled, upper armor. Working on adjusting strappings and putting the legs together.

Your input will be highly appreciated 🙂

Pictures soon to come (just figuring out how 😅)

Aiming for Centurion 🫡

Edited by Lafleur
  • Like 1

Great to see you made it over here to post your build thread! We spoke in DM about some details and I'd just like to say how awesome it is to see someone aiming for Centurion from the start! Let's get this show on the road!!

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the progress, you can find some helpful info in this thread

Good luck

• Like 1

SNIPER KNEE:

would this be okay for centurion? Glued off course 😅 trying to get the height and angle right but it gets this gap I’m not super happy about. But maybe it’s okay? Don’t want to glue it on wrongly and need to do it again…

h94ygKs.jpeg

NPsXetM.jpeg

Edited by Lafleur

1 hour ago, Lafleur said:

SNIPER KNEE:

would this be okay for centurion? Glued off course 😅 trying to get the height and angle right but it gets this gap I’m not super happy about. But maybe it’s okay? Don’t want to glue it on wrongly and need to do it again…

h94ygKs.jpeg

NPsXetM.jpeg

@Deployment Officer Team should be able to answer that for you

• Like 2

A quick dress up. I know I have a long way to go and it was super hard taking a photo of yourself on timer and in suit 😂

But still feel it’s on the right direction!

CEsc3FL.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lafleur said:

A quick dress up. I know I have a long way to go and it was super hard taking a photo of yourself on timer and in suit 😂

But still feel it’s on the right direction!

CEsc3FL.jpeg

Looking good.

For L3 you may want to bring your belt up a touch

The top of the ABS belt shall sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels.  A slight overlap is suggested, but not required. 

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

You could also apply some heat and curve your belt so it's not sticking out on the sides, it may catch on your forearms when moving. Note using heat it is best to test on scraps, you can use either heat gun, torch, hair dryer or hot water bath, but make sure you practice, it doesn't take much heat for plastic to go out of shape.

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good.

For L3 you may want to bring your belt up a touch

The top of the ABS belt shall sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels.  A slight overlap is suggested, but not required. 

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

You could also apply some heat and curve your belt so it's not sticking out on the sides, it may catch on your forearms when moving. Note using heat it is best to test on scraps, you can use either heat gun, torch, hair dryer or hot water bath, but make sure you practice, it doesn't take much heat for plastic to go out of shape.

Belt position is a dressing issue. Mounting some Velcro to help me keeping it positioned.

I started curving the belt with heat but the ends like you say need much more. The 2mm plastic is great durability vice but sucks as it’s so rigid and stiff when you want it to bend or curve.

Big thanks for the feedback and giving my build a look 🙂

• Like 1

You don't have the shoulder bridges on yet, but mounting the shoulder snaps on the white fabric a little more forward towards the front and a bit more in towards your head should cover the tightened look of a Centurion! Minimizing the gap between the shoulder and the shoulder bridge (bringing the snap on the white fabric more towards your head) and it will give you a somewhat better shape and look from the front (bringing the snap on the white fabric forwards towards the front)

However, I would do this once my shoulder bridges are in place!

You could wear your biceps a little lower, just make sure you still have movement!

If you have padding inside your helmet, I would suggest to remove it, to get the helmet to sit lower!

The padding in my helmet is just on my forehead and on the back of my head! I have nothing on the top!

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

@Deployment Officer Team should be able to answer that for you

Hi Daniel,

The alignment of your Sniper knee would be ok for Level 3 . However, the RWA knee can be positioned a little more flush, I have personally built a couple of those armors and you can use the hot water bath or heat gun (very carefully) to give some shape, in addition to using clamps (lot of clamps)  and E6000.

lUIrLNy.jpg?2   zpJIQ7E.jpg?2     

j6wXtrL.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Daniel,

The alignment of your Sniper knee would be ok for Level 3 . However, the RWA knee can be positioned a little more flush, I have personally built a couple of those armors and you can use the hot water bath or heat gun (very carefully) to give some shape, in addition to using clamps (lot of clamps)  and E6000.

lUIrLNy.jpg?2   zpJIQ7E.jpg?2     

j6wXtrL.jpg

I’ll have a look this weekend and see the best I can come up with. I’m close at least. I’ve tried with the heat gun already but was a bit careful to not overdo it as I wasn’t sure of the placement before.

the pictures helped a lot, THANKS! 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nairy said:

You don't have the shoulder bridges on yet, but mounting the shoulder snaps on the white fabric a little more forward towards the front and a bit more in towards your head should cover the tightened look of a Centurion! Minimizing the gap between the shoulder and the shoulder bridge (bringing the snap on the white fabric more towards your head) and it will give you a somewhat better shape and look from the front (bringing the snap on the white fabric forwards towards the front)

However, I would do this once my shoulder bridges are in place!

You could wear your biceps a little lower, just make sure you still have movement!

If you have padding inside your helmet, I would suggest to remove it, to get the helmet to sit lower!

🤔 I’m struggling with the shoulders. To get them closer and minimizing the gap between them and the chest piece.

ALL top padding is out The helmet is directly on my head. Just have some padding on the sides to help it move with my head. So it won’t go lower than this sadly… need to shop my giraffe neck off a bit 😢

(the angle of the photo may make it look even worse. I’ll get some help this weekend to take some better ones. Maybe with legs too then)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lafleur said:

🤔 I’m struggling with the shoulders. To get them closer and minimizing the gap between them and the chest piece.

ALL top padding is out The helmet is directly on my head. Just have some padding on the sides to help it move with my head. So it won’t go lower than this sadly… need to shop my giraffe neck off a bit 😢

(the angle of the photo may make it look even worse. I’ll get some help this weekend to take some better ones. Maybe with legs too then)

Some makes of armor the shoulders are just too small and it is hard to get them close to the chest. Moving the snaps further forward on the shoulder strap elastic can help pull them in on the front when you have moved your arms.

1MTWUi1.jpg.6cba6a62dad83fd00b8e01b22b8f3d36.jpg

oxU693m.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lafleur said:

Getting great help with adjusting, trimming the ab and kidney plates. What’s your opinion? 

LEFT SIDE:

R58oZu2.jpeg

RIGHT SIDE:

M2ICj7w.jpeg

As we wrote in DMs, I think these lines should be good! Try it out with the belt tightened too perhaps so that you know for sure that it looks good even when the belt is tight! It's one thing when it's on the table of course and one thing when the belt is tight!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nairy said:

As we wrote in DMs, I think these lines should be good! Try it out with the belt tightened too perhaps so that you know for sure that it looks good even when the belt is tight! It's one thing when it's on the table of course and one thing when the belt is tight!

You’re a life saver and great guide through this @Nairy I appreciate it a lot and look forward to rolling up in line with you on troops in shining white 😃

btw, where is your strapping video 😅 got dragged in and suddenly it ended, no more to watch!

• Like 1

Great layout for internal strapping

R63O0di.jpg

A good video series here for when you run out and get bored ;) 

https://www.youtube.com/@RichieStormtrooper

Info on snap setting

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great layout for internal strapping

R63O0di.jpg

A good video series here for when you run out and get bored ;) 

https://www.youtube.com/@RichieStormtrooper

Info on snap setting

I’m actually following that picture for the strapping. And a few other tips. It’s just so much and a lot of different ideas of doing the same. Somehow need to find the right way for me 🙂

• Like 2