Dylans Imperial Armoured Captain

2e2dNqq.png

knees are done. thighs also printed. all helmet greeblies printed. gauntlet greeblies printed, gauntlets themselves need a reprint as they failed a bit. and shins have a few hours left. when ive got pics of all that ill send em over. all thats left out of the parts i can do now (so not the jetpack or whole chest rig as i need to lose a hefty amount of weight before im comfortable doing that and frankly the kit would look massively out of proportion in that area if id have to stretch it out a lot)  the bits remaining are the hard pouches. which ive sized, the cod which ive yet to scale. and the blaster pistol.  when the blaster is done ill be attempting to have the holster made. likely from darmans props. but i need the pattern first which ill be working on when francais is able to get me the pattern for the og, and ill hopefully be able to get a pattern approved for send off to whoevers making it. or me if i decide to make it. 

as far as everything else goes. the gloves and boots are being made by crowprops to the higher levels of accuracy requirements so no problem there. which leaves the belt, undersuit and ab section. the undersuit will have to wait until around Christmas where ill see how much progress ive made on losing weight and if ive slimmed down enough ill get the undersuit commissioned from keeptrooping and make sure they're able to do the level2/3 accurate version.  

ab section will be from out own wonderful crl model when hes got the process working to his liking. tho whether the size he made allready will fit me by the time that time arises is another thing, may ahve to hope he has enough interest for a larger circumference version. 

the belt will be made by a uk maker ive worked with for my snowy. 

Edited by loyalImperialCitizen
  • Like 2

Right so I’ve inquired with darmansprops about the holster and they would be happy to work on getting that made, but they work with real leather only. Is there any chance thin real leather made white is doable or does it absolutely have to be synthetic white leather.  If so I might have to try my hand at doing it myself

ive also talked over the belt and the people I was thinking about using don’t think it will be too hard so I’ll probably get that made sometime soon. 

Making great progress on the printing Dylan.

Looks like a decent sized resin printer!

How many hours did that gauntlet take to complete?

Sorry for the late reply , life has been hectic the last week, so the gauntlets have been the most trouble of any of the bits, as you can see by the photos the printer quality on both resin and FDM pieces is incredible , he’s really honed in the printer settings. But for whatever reason the gauntlet files if printed all 4 shells together was failing near the end , so in the end it took over a week and a half to get all pieces printed of the main shells , and 1 and a half days each when doing 2 and 2 respectively.

so now just to update for myself and the team whats done , what’s commissioned ,ectr 

everything barring the chest and jetpack is printed , I will be receiving the resin parts and finishing them myself sometime in the next week I hope so I can get them all painted before the end of the year. 

the boots and gloves are comissioned and should be done now, I’ll check in as I did pay for expedited construction as I want to confirm they are how they need to be in case a return is needed (regarding centurion level accuracy ) 

belt  is also comissioned and is 5cm roughly tall as per francais’s build. Belt boxes scaled appropriately but don’t really need to be scaled if you use his excellent and most accurate files. 

blaster is or should be finished printing. 

so what’s left

unfortunately the important parts, the chest, jetpack, undersuit  and ab section, all of which require (well they don’t but I’m not happy doing the kit without feeling good in it) me to be successful in my weightloss goals.  
 I’ve spoken  with Francais about the ab section a month ago when I was starting this up as even with successful weightloss I might need a larger (or I guess wider) ab  mould than he has from his build  , I’ll be comissioning the ab from him when he’s happy with the process so we’ll have to see how I’d fit the existing  one when I’m actually in the position to be thinking about that.

Regarding the holster . It uses the same y strap section as the grunt holster , but the blaster is obviously different and while I’ve tried to find actual detail shots of the holster  there very much isn’t any good shots showing any actual detailing like the grunts has with the 3 raised rectangles , it seems to me like it’s a plain holster section fitted to the guns shape and glued into the y strap. So we’ll have to see if I can mock something up when the blaster arrives and if you’re all happy with it that’ll have to suffice 

Dg0zdBd.png

mandalorian3x08_0894.jpg

Comparison

side.png

Not a lot of clear side on photos unfortunately

23 minutes ago, loyalImperialCitizen said:

Yeah unfortunately there’s no good detail shots beyond that image showing the side profile blurrily , so the holster might present an issue

There's always the hope of a Black Series Figure or even Hot Toys, time will tell

On 10/14/2024 at 4:16 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

There's always the hope of a Black Series Figure or even Hot Toys, time will tell

Hey I just got my hand on the black series (I’ve got contact that provided me with it before it releases officially :) ) I can take some pictures of it.

I will post the holster standard variant 3D model on Etsy tomorrow and I updated my build thread on the holster fabrication. It is very simple to do it like I did. The captain variant shouldn’t be different construction in my opinion, just adapted to the other pistol shape.

9udkr1S.png

gloves and boots have arrived, looks like theyll be fine for centurion so thats great. though i do wish id gone a half size larger on the boots as theyre a bit snug. only time will tell there

QiBmXVk.jpeg

belt is complete and ready for belt boxes. though thatll be a while

• Like 2