FOTK forearms with the Finn cut

Hi all,

I'll update my build thread later, but my enthusiasm for the FOTK has been revived with the acquisition of a 3D printer so I can print some custom-sized parts.

One question I had: as a detachment, what's our stance on the 'Finn cut' for TFA forearms for a regular TFA FOTK? I know the general advice is to ask your GML, but my GML usually asks me when he has questions about FISD costumes, so I thought I'd go straight to the source. :) If a garrison GML came to you with a member wanting to get approved with forearms with the Finn cut, what would your response be?

OK, I've been out of FOTK costuming for some time and don't remember this at all back in the day.  What is the Finn cut if I can ask?  Pix are helpful. :)

:) No problem!

Here is what I'm referring to:

tumblr_oybddh1h651w6j24yo1_640.jpg

Note that straight cut vs the CRL image

TFA_TK_forearms.png

I also found this image which has the same forearm mod:

F11D blas2.png

So it's not just Finn but I've seen people refer to it as the Finn mod. 

I was looking through old build threads and did see @equuspolo has the mod on his TFA build. :)

Thanks so much!  I'd be inclined to think it would be acceptable since it's not just a "face" character.  The differences between ANH Hero & Stunt are subtle and only seen on a small handful of troopers besides Han & Luke, yet we allow both.  So on that logic, it would seem equivalent to me.

Well, this is my opinion only. :)   I'm no longer the owner of the CRLs, so will need to defer to detachment leadership to weigh in on if its official or not.

There were a few seen with this cut elbow, it was thought to be for stuntmen/stuntpeople and those that had shorter arms

Here's one, albeit because of his height I would say this was Finn, the rest of the troopers appear to have curved

gallery_18732_81_1046587.thumb.png.f2e2305b27529618b5e9876f2d7c9eda.png

Only issue I see is the DN elbow has a sharp corner and not angled which may need some rework

dn.png.11f192a4b9e12a2b4f0861cd6400efd5.png

The "Finn cut" is in the TFA Visual Dictionary too

blast3.png.848556e72a58713f8954d27ba65cf592.png

Deleted scene "fully loaded trooper" also had those cut outs

xYpINS5.pnguntitledrerwerwe.png.252d92d8465dfaf2e4fa0b98208c6f37.png

w6nmBkI.thumb.png.cbcd6fb54a7fd752b7f9d48337df284a.png

Still need to use a filler for TLJ/TROS 

forearmstlj.thumb.png.241fe1da8ad2d263e3059d81930c4f0e.png

Would be interesting to get our DO's @Deployment Officer Team opinion for higher level acceptance

On 8/10/2024 at 11:55 AM, shashachu said:

Hi all,

I'll update my build thread later, but my enthusiasm for the FOTK has been revived with the acquisition of a 3D printer so I can print some custom-sized parts.

One question I had: as a detachment, what's our stance on the 'Finn cut' for TFA forearms for a regular TFA FOTK? I know the general advice is to ask your GML, but my GML usually asks me when he has questions about FISD costumes, so I thought I'd go straight to the source. :) If a garrison GML came to you with a member wanting to get approved with forearms with the Finn cut, what would your response be?

Hi Shasha,

Short answer, Yes. 

In the specific case of TFA we have accepted both versions even for L3.

Looking forward for your advances. :salute:

• Like 2