Abdomen - Kidney armor line up issue RS Prop Masters

Hello Everyone

I am nearing the end of my RS Props Masters ANH Stunt TK kit. During my first fitting i noticed my abdomen and kidneys do not line up and overlap a little bit.
Everything else is mostly in place so i'm not sure as to why this is

I've thought about using a sort of shim to make the pices line up but then I might lise the nice clean line when they connect.

If anyone would have any suggestions please feel free to let me know :)

451957585_7777622179026523_5098890397076709248_n.jpg

A lot of us use more than one strap on the inside to hold the pieces together. perhaps more strapping would solve this issue with your armor.

Here is a snap placement diagram showing one of the strapping layouts.

NEybLkE.jpeg

A shim didn't work for me. It kept popping out. I ended up ripping it off while I was trooping.

Edited by dblcross
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

A lot of us use more than one strap on the inside to hold the pieces together. perhaps more strapping would solve this issue with your armor.

Here is a snap placement diagram showing one of the strapping layouts.

NEybLkE.jpeg

A shim didn't work for me. It kept popping out. I ended up ripping it off while I was trooping.

Thanks for the tip, I ordered some extra elastic straps anyways so I can have a look at some extra snaps.

I would prefer this option instead of a shim.

• Like 1

Some add a locking tab system on the sides so they stay level, there's various ways to do so, here's just one

• Like 1

I used a very similar strapping system to the one listed above. You'll see I placed a second snap below my original one which I now use instead to snap it all together. Basically I had the opposite problem where my ab armor was rising above my kidney. The lower snap location pulls my ab armor down to keep it even.

Since it's your kidney that's high try adding a snap and strap that is lower on the side of the ab armor. That way the strap will pull the kidney down. Let us know if you need help with how to go about making your own snaps and straps

DdM2hbi.jpg

Edited by JBar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps

I dunno if anyone will still see this or even reply but nonetheless i've been chiping away at this thing and i've got some pretty nice results just putting in a new snap that's covered by the belt.

Now it lines up a lot more at the top and I've also decided to cut some more material from the abdomen as well since it was overlapping quite a bit.

so new left, old right :)

oldvnew_abkidne(1).jpeg

Being on the skinnier side I added some foam behind the abdomen to help push it forward a little so the sides lined up. Some add a locking tab system to the sides so they don't overlap.

Here is "crickets" version. There have been numerous different ways to add some kind of locking system. 

40099299374_9f1e461298_c.jpg39916469345_dff0cc95a5.jpg

A good idea to add some V tabs between the kidney and posterior to stop them coming apart 

With a heat gun or oven you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg