WTF First Time build. Need some feed back, thanks in advanced !

Posted (edited)

Spent another 3 hours today on the ear caps. Looked at photos , took my time and this is as close as I was able to get. I was in contact with someone who sent the photos to the GML of the garrison I am looking to join and he said this was okay and stated like others that the movie helmets were not 100% perfect. Now that I got that okay I am going to do some sanding the clean it up a bit more and get ready for paint. 

Edited by Woody
  • Like 1

Well as long as your GML is happy, if you do want to revisit them at any time remember to close any gaps you need to sand the areas which are touching, also adding the notch to the top of the ear help them to sit flusher on the faceplate ;) 

I did the notch on top ! That helped alot! I have another set of ears , and down the road I plan or replacing these , but to initially get into the group, I am happy for now. This whole thing has been a huge learning curve. I’m hoping to join an armor party near me at some point and see if someone can help me really dial these in. But it is nice to know that for now this is okay. I know they aren’t perfect lol, but man did I try and put alot of time into em. Appreciate you guys following along and helping along the way!

• Like 1

What I've seen over time is it's not so much the imperfections in the gaps between the ears and helmet, though keeping it to a minimum is optimum however, the ear thickness. They're almost always too excessive. Take another looks at the original helmet photos Glen posted. 

That said, if your GML is giving you the green light on what they look like now then you're golden. But if you're looking for screen accuracy then thinner is better.

Keep up the good work

• Like 1

Not a tutorial quite but here is my final cut. It JUST barely fits my head and I've considered trimming it wider myself. See how it compares to yours

g2A4tBol.jpg

23H4n5pl.jpg

5ijNSKFl.jpg

Edited by JBar

Screen references 

large.untihelm.png.7c85c707b13df80ecb212

large.insideoflids.jpg.d5cebda953332196a

Just remember you put the helmet on sideways until it's over your nose then twist straight.

gallery_14191_19_109513.jpg

Also the bigger the opening the easier it is for younglings to look up and see your face ;) 

• Like 2