Galaxys Edge First Order Stormtrooper armor

Hello from Germany!

I have a question about the First Order Stormtrooper armor from Disney's Galaxy's Edge. I noticed that the armor differs from the normal construction in two main parts. The chest plate is firmly glued and the back part has a separating seam, which obviously allows for better donning than the over-the-head method.

I am aware that the Screen Accurate version has no seam and is filled. However, this method repeatedly led to breaks due to tension.

Now to my question: Does anyone have any idea what this attachment might look like? Do you think it's held together with Velcro? I would find this perfect for putting on and taking off, especially for fast troops.

IMG_9370.png

IMG_9205.png

IMG_8631.png

IMG_9204.jpeg

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
Fix text formatting

Despite the obvious limitations of our reproduction materials and the fact that Disney clearly does not mind a seam, it has been discussed at length and current leadership is not open to moving this requirement from Basic to L2 EIB. Therefore this style cannot be replicated and you must fill your side and shoulder seams if you wish to have your kit approved.  :(

More discussion here:

Edited by TheRascalKing

Posted (edited)

I didn't want to open up a fundamental discussion about whether it's right or wrong. There is certainly a difference between showing up at an official event and being a member of the 501 or even aspiring to be one. For a quick and more convenient solution, I personally think this option is better. But you are right: the discussion was obviously discussed extensively. Maybe someone has a tip on how to temporarily connect the parts on the shoulder. That should be allowed. Thanks!

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
Fix text formatting

Previous conversation on the Galaxy's Edge stormtroopers can be found here

20 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

the fact that Disney clearly does not mind a seam, it has been discussed at length and current leadership is not open to moving this requirement from Basic to L2 EIB

It's not about what Disney likes or doesn't it's about replicating the source material to the best of our ability.

For example to go down a GE First Order Stormtrooper route you'd need to have a 1 piece chest/yolk which is visible above. They also appear to have no side seams on the abdomen either.  It would not be an amendment to the other CRLs which are based on the film suits.