Hello from Massachusetts. Ratchet IC-14179

I am currently working on a WTF stunt TK and my biceps are 15 1/2" and to get the parts to fit right I need 35mm cover strips front and back , I'm wondering if this will be acceptable or if anybody has any suggestions?

First of all welcome! So excited that you’re starting a TK. Small bicep armor is my only real  issue I had with my WTF kit. From my understanding the standard 15mm bicep cover strip is a close estimate and doesn’t have to be perfect. Also the good news is the bicep armor is the most sturdy part of your build so by widening the biceps with a wide enough strip of ABS in the back, once dry you can lay a cover strip just thin enough to cover the exterior gap. That’s what I did to an extent and while still a little tight, it’s plenty comfortable and still very very robust.

Also now you can brag that you have to stop doing so many bicep curls at the gym!

Let us know if this gives you enough room

Edited by JBar

Oh ok I see so assuming this is the shape that fits you you shouldn't need backing cover strips. In fact that would make them slightly tighter. If you look at what I did my cover strips don't perfectly cover the ridged edges of the armor. It allowed me to go for a more 17-20mm cover strip without it looking too bulky.

NL0WbPvm.jpg

My biceps weren't much smaller than yours in your picture so I understand what you're working with. The other thing I did to cheat some more room was taking a heat gun and reforming the armor to the shape of my biceps. If I remember correctly I had to squeeze the sides laterally and it gave me significantly more room. Just definitely take it very slow and there's never a good outcome when rushing a heat gun. If you don't have one now I'd get one because you'll definitely be using it for other parts.

I remember I got frustrated with my left bicep because it got a bit wonky after the heat gun and wouldn't close properly after reforming it. Luckily E6000 is pure magic and it's a great shape now. Hope that helps

Lastly get ready for some challenges when you get to the shins. Join the WTF FB page and Walt recently did a good shin video explanation on how they fit

Also our Hard Armor forum is excellent for these kinds of questions if you have more down the road: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/29-hard-armor-general-discussion/

Edited by JBar
  • Like 1

In addition to what JBar has said, I recommend making a build thread! That way you can post photos of your build and ask as many questions as you want! Here's where the ANH build threads are posted, and where you can start one as well: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Also, if you are building this for 501st Legion approval, running your plan for the biceps by your GML would be a good thing to do. 

• Like 2

A bit of info on larger cover strips

• Like 1

Thankyou for your replies and information, Walt does not live far from me, and I sent pics to my GML asking about the sizing of cover strips on the biceps. I already did the thighs and shins and they approved those with the adjustments in cover strip sizes. It's tough being 5'4" and having an athletic build. Thankyou again for the support.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rob Mitus said:

Thanks for the help I was able to get the cover strips to 20mm .

Good to hear. I just helped someone with theirs and we also used 20mm cover strips and it made a big difference and you can’t tell a difference 

Edited by JBar

On 7/22/2024 at 8:47 AM, Rob Mitus said:

Thankyou for your replies and information, Walt does not live far from me, and I sent pics to my GML asking about the sizing of cover strips on the biceps. I already did the thighs and shins and they approved those with the adjustments in cover strip sizes. It's tough being 5'4" and having an athletic build. Thankyou again for the support.

Some great build threads for those of a slightly lower stature, which may be of help

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38842-fragarocks-rs-stunt-build-not-to-scale/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/

• Like 1