Another Enoch, Czech Garrison

Hello everyone, I started my Enoch build a while ago and today I finally decided to post a build thread here

So to start of the Armour is entirely 3D printed.

The files I used are a combination from Galactic Armory and R1TK files from akira-yuming.

The reason why I used 2 sets of files is because to my eyes many details in the GA files are less accurate. So for some parts I used modified R1TK files.

When it comes to soft goods , those will be made by another member from the CzG, She probably makes most of our textile costumes and we are very lucky to have her.

This was my first time printing an armour so the sizing was quite difficult especially since I wanted to keep Enoch's proportions as much as possible.

One thing I would say  I do have is the height as he seems a bit shorter than a typical trooper which is perfect for me.

On the other hand his broad shoulders gave me some trouble as his chest plate really wide.

Edited by Benator

Looking forward to seeing some photos soon

Great how to add external image hosting 

Posted (edited)

ow2ZgpH.jpeg

Helmet

For the helmet I decided to go with the GA files, because I like the face the best on them although I am conflicted because the proportions on their helmet seem to be a little bit off.

Also all the gold parts are done using gold colored leaf,

the other parts are spray paint, as you can see I didn't manage to keep it as clean as I should have (I will see if weathering can save it).

IOlg6I3.jpeg

rJ0KoeN.jpeg

qoFStr3.jpeg

Chestplate/Backplate

For these I also used GA files, but I cut the backplate a little so that the back and the chest would be closer together, because I am quite thin

UgJEmBl.jpeg

puUc9s9.jpeg

GGUisGu.jpeg

t5yUqad.jpeg

Arms

Also GA files, because those seemed a more accurate for Enoch than the R1TK files I had

93OQF1e.jpeg

Abdomen/Kidney

Here my base was the R1TK files but I used the GA front buttons because for Enoch those seemed more similar to me, I also tried to make the middle strip more sloped

for the kidney plate I just used the R1TK files

both files were cut so that they wouldn't be so tall/long

the reason why I didn't go with the GA files here was because the sizes of the details on the belly plate seemed too big relative to the chest plate and since those details were attached to the plate in the files it was simpler for me to just use the R1TK files and print the parts separately and attach them manually

rIn7PQP.jpeg

TL3oyLw.jpeg

Legs

For legs I just used the R1TK files and added the sculpting,

The thigh belt was modified to look like Enoch's

61GHpiT.jpeg

oL0m83s.jpeg

For boots I am planning to use R1TK ones from KeepTrooping

Edited by Benator

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking forward to seeing some photos soon

Great how to add external image hosting 

Thank you, this has been quite helpful, I hope I did everything correctly as this is my first time doing anything like this

Edited by Benator
  • Like 2

Great work so far Benator, looking forward to seeing more progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So so far I am pretty much done printing and sanding, so I started to continue the process a bit, 

TE1sloX.jpg

5nGQJjr.jpg

GPuoa8Z.jpg

Unfortunately I will be away for a month or so now so it will be quite a while till I can update more

Edited by Benator

Still looking good so far.

Make sure you put plenty of effort into concealing joins of the larger pieces and also removing the print lines.

The CRL will contain a passage mentioning that visible print lines must be smoothed out for a more realistic appearance.

This is a similar statement that we have had in place for 3D printed weapons and accessories but will now also cover armour parts due to more members printing armour.

Keep up the great work