Advice for Shortening Thighs on Pre-Built Denuo Novo TK Stunt?

Hi all,

So my local GML has told me I need some thigh work done. In his words.

1. Thighs appear to need to be shortened, the right one is covering the right shin. Thigh ammo needs to be lifted in front, easy fix.

2. Left thigh needs to be shortened some and also tapered towards the bottom as it is flaring out. No return edge is required

Unfortunately I made the mistake of receiving the kit "pre-built_ from Denuo Novo which has been its own headache to fix up. In any case measure twice cut once would apply.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZrWSRE79xHWtMIZYwcDa-Sd6e86Q7uRr/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csPBMHer_FpPdrDyns1xoBSUlKY0PMwp/view?usp=drive_link

fkZI5Uj.png

JtQbSUe.png

What would be the best approach to shortening these?

I figure freezing it to get the cover stripes off the CA glue. Then shortening cuts from the top rather than below to going over the bottom return edges. 

Edited by Drogmir

Thank you for the resources,

Do the cover strips traditionally have to have any kind of particular preferred shapes at the end? 

I would hate to top trim without removing the cover strips only to find out the ends have to be trapezoidal or rounded instead of flat 90 degrees for example. 

5 hours ago, Drogmir said:

Thank you for the resources,

Do the cover strips traditionally have to have any kind of particular preferred shapes at the end? 

I would hate to top trim without removing the cover strips only to find out the ends have to be trapezoidal or rounded instead of flat 90 degrees for example. 

You can trim the tops of the things then nip off the corners of the cover strips, I slip a blade underneath the cover strip then cut the corners

Some round off the corners, some cut them on an angle, you see the later more in screen references, both ways approved up to L3

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

gallery_12157_16_17706.jpg

• Like 1