Keep Trooping Boots

Keep Trooping is back up until the 20th and I'm pulling together an order.

I am confused about boot sizing and was hoping I could get some advice?

I have several pairs of Doc Martins that are a size 39 which DM claim are a US 8. But Keep Trooping claims they are a US 7...

For anyone who has bought from them, how is their sizing do you find?

Should I go with what Keep Trooping are claiming is a size 8, which would be an EU 41?

For as long as I can remember most have advised to go one size up with Keep Trooping (previously known as Imperial boots). 

You will find some links in this thread in regard to sizing which help.

• Like 2

I'm with Glen on this one. I bought boots from IB before they became Keep Trooping and I bought the correct size for my feet and they were too tight, so I ended up replacing them.

I would get one size up, and add a good insole.

• Like 1

Thank you all!  And thanks for the discussion links too!

So I'm a 7.5 to 8 US, and according to most a 39 EU.

I ended up buying the 41 EU, which is the larger of the 2 8's they offer, a little bigger than the 40 their site said I should get. I mainly went with this because I did see the blurb about it on KT's website after having asked, but also when I was looking at the sizing measurements I realized I would need the larger calf, so had to size up a bit.

I am now suddenly hoping I shouldn't have gone even larger.  LOL

I guess we shall see.  😅

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I am back.
The boots arrived today and yeah... they are a full size too big at the toe, loose at the heel and front of the ankle... the only good part is they happen to be perfect for my calves.

Which indicates I couldn't go smaller if I wanted to.

So, I am going to have to figure out how to make these work.  Literally I can barely walk in them as they are now though.

Suggestions and recommendations on how to pad them would be hugely appreciated.  Especially from any women who may have run into this issue and worked it out.

I've used padded insoles in the past to take up a little slack, what has worked well for a really loose pair is the foam mats, usually find these in stores in kids or exercise sections, I find they are a lot thicker and firmer, I had a piece in the base and cut a rectangle to place around the inside of the heel. You could also try adding some in the toe area or even over the top of the foot. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:22 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

I've used padded insoles in the past to take up a little slack, what has worked well for a really loose pair is the foam mats, usually find these in stores in kids or exercise sections, I find they are a lot thicker and firmer, I had a piece in the base and cut a rectangle to place around the inside of the heel. You could also try adding some in the toe area or even over the top of the foot. 

Thank you so much for your reply!

I got some Dr Scholl's orthodics this weekend, and some toe-stuffers.  Combined with my thick wool socks for my drysuit, they have made the boots comfortable and secure to walk in.  They are a tiny bit clunky still as they are too long for my foot, but I feel confident enough to walk in them for some time now, until I can afford to get a custom pair from CrowProps.

Thank you so much, again!

• Like 1