FO Premium Helmet

Hi I am looking at starting a FO TFA build and have purchased an Anovos fibreglass premium helmet. Is this a good helmet to wear for trooping? Also any mods needed to be able to troop in it?

I am looking at the rest of the armour at some stage, I am leaning towards Jimmi's.

Thanks

Scott

12 hours ago, TK3373 said:

Hi I am looking at starting a FO TFA build and have purchased an Anovos fibreglass premium helmet. Is this a good helmet to wear for trooping? Also any mods needed to be able to troop in it?

I am looking at the rest of the armour at some stage, I am leaning towards Jimmi's.

I have both fiberglass and plastic, I do find the fiberglass a little heavy at times but I do have neck issues. One big problem with the fiberglass helmets was cracking around the neck, for transport they bolted down the helmet to the polystyrene foam with a cross of wood, this put some pressure on the neck and could cause cracks in transport with any movement, many finding this when opening their boxes. You can also crack just by holding around the neck area for too long as they are a little thin there, this was common for the earlier pre production helmets.

It's advisable to add fans just to clear your lens, it can get pretty sweaty in there. 

Should be no issues getting the helmet approved.

One thing to take in account is Jim's kit will need painting so you will have to try to find a paint which closely matches the color of the helmet.

Many opted for automotive paint and this code was a close match. I was lucky, a local automotive paint supplier had a base white in spray can which was acrylic, quick drying and could be sanded and polished if needed, that matched the helmet nicely.

68dd9cd3b06369d9e21322e39d6ee6e6.jpg.191c60c130b469050dd247f61c7308c0.jpg

Another paint some used was Rust-Oleum 2X Painter's Touch Gloss White a cheaper alternative to automotive paint.

• Like 1

Thanks. It cant be much heavier than my resin clone helmet. I have reached out to jimmi and rustoluem x2 is readily available so looks to be the one to go for,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TK3373 said:

Thanks. It cant be much heavier than my resin clone helmet. I have reached out to jimmi and rustoluem x2 is readily available so looks to be the one to go for,

Just make sure you shake the cans, again and again while spraying, I may have had some bad batches or long shelf life cans but had several spray dry intermittent, almost came out like sand was mixed. I took them back for replacements but one did just the same, I know only use Rustoleum for cheap props just in case. 

Others seem to have no issues so don't be afraid of using it just test first.