TFA Build Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm still in the process of getting everything together. I want to make sure I'm on track to at least met some requirements for approval. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know.

Here's what I got so far:

Helmet: Denuo Novo TFA Premier with ukswrath audio kit and fans

Armor: Denuo Novo Ready to Wear (Preordered shipping hopefully soon)

Undersuit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/857740699/first-order-stormtrooper-costume-armor

Boots: ImperialBoots

Gloves: EndorFingers

Blaster: F11-D (WIP going for Centurion)

Neck Seal: Denuo Novo

Pauldron: Denuo Novo

Pouches: Denuo Novo

Some of the soft pieces are coming with the Denuo Novo ready to wear like the pouches. I'm not sure if those are approvable or not. As for the other questions.The things I have currently, does any of it meet standards? What do I need to ditch, buy, modify?

I'm also looking to get a few more things such as:

Shoulder Bell - Ukswrath (Etsy)

Rubber Arm/Legs Gaskets - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1586440291/first-order-stormtrooper-shoulder-elbow

SE-44C Holster - ???? (Where)

Am I missing anything else essential? Are the rubber gaskets listed above 501st approvable? Where can I find a holster in 2024?

Thanks everyone! I'm a noob to all of this.

Hi Skylar

The Gaskets are fine for both basic approval and our next level up Expert Infantry.

They are PVC not rubber, which is the requirement for our level 3 Centurion.

As it stands, the DN ready to wear armour is not out of the box 501st approvable.

It has several pieces that are separate which need to be joined using ABS paste needs scrap ABS that is the same white as your armour (no need for painting but does need sanding and polishing) or Bondo then the armour painted.

There are side seams not allowed, and there are the joins across the top of the shoulder areas also not allowed as per the CRL, which is what you should be following to gain 501st approval.

Looks like you have most of the parts needed and are on your way.

Just make sure you ordered the TFA armour to match the TFA helmet you have. Some of the parts are different between them and the TLJ FO TK

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_-_First_Order

Posted (edited)

Hi Sly, based on having to modify the armor heavily is there any alternative TFA armors that don't need lots of mods? I'm trying to avoid having to do lots of mods.

Is the Denuo Novo armor currently sold the website TFA or TLJ?

Where can I get a holster for my SE-44C? I saw a link on the list in vendors. However, it was from years ago so I wasn't sure if the holsters are still for sale. Thanks :)

Edited by Virgo Mae

At this time all First Order armour kits require at least some filling of seams to be clearable.

The holster can be found here, though a non-functional one is included in the DN kit.

A full list of resources is here in the First Order section

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virgo Mae said:

Hi Sly, based on having to modify the armor heavily is there any alternative TFA armors that don't need lots of mods? I'm trying to avoid having to do lots of mods.

Is the Denuo Novo armor currently sold the website TFA or TLJ?

Where can I get a holster for my SE-44C? I saw a link on the list in vendors. However, it was from years ago so I wasn't sure if the holsters are still for sale. Thanks :)

TFA from Jim although does not require a lot of seam filling still requires painting

Armor/Helmet:

Jimmiroquai - Origin PHILIPPINES: Kits are partially assembled/fully trimmed lightweight fiberglass (ready for rigging and painting). No issues with quality or service reported. 

Contact for delivery times/price details. FB Link Here, Email Here or send a private message @jimmiroquai

Version differences

Conversion from TLJ to TFA from Justin

Denuo Novo currently sold is more suited to TLJ but requires some work on the forearms

Holster - R2Dan. Origin GERMANY: Other hard accessories available by application. V2  Link Here