Swedish Captain Enoch Build!

Greetings from Sweden!

First of all i want to apologize for my bad english!

I just started Captain Enoch project and i need some help, Im gonna print all of it.

I have 2 sets of files, one if from Galactic armory and the other one is from mcflyprint3d

which one is better?  I have read somewhere that galactic armory has problems with the correct scale?

Thank you! 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum, I think you will find the Galactic armory files have been by most so far looking at the other build threads

• Like 1

Hi Emil! Glad you made it here after all my nagging! :laugh1:

So excited for your build!!!

• Like 1

Welcome Emil, we are looking forward to your progress and an exciting build.

• Like 1

Could you take an image with this one next to your shadow trooper to get a sense of how large the buttons are? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2024 at 11:58 PM, Nairy said:

Could you take an image with this one next to your shadow trooper to get a sense of how large the buttons are? 

hehe sure! i just got home from vacation! just a moment

• Like 1

Normally use the "direct link" or link with .jpg (or .png) on the end, need the file extension on the link

aKE11Js.png

Not sure if you have had a read of this tutorial

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Normally use the "direct link" or link with .jpg (or .png) on the end, need the file extension on the link

aKE11Js.png

Not sure if you have had a read of this tutorial

ooh thank you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a video on YouTube, by Galactic Amory on how they painted the helmet. They tell you what paints they used and it is a screen worthy helmet! Sorry, I don't have the link, but it's call MAKING AN ENOCH THE ROCK JOHNSON HELMET.  They show the printing, and then the painting. AND its Enoch, not Johnson that they focus on. 

On 8/14/2024 at 1:34 PM, DANE said:

Yes, that's it. Only use gold leaf for the face and large areas on the helmet. , not paint, and the cracks can be done with the Liquid Gold paint. 

aah yes! i watched that before, but the thing is when put on the face the gold leaf get damaged, i used the oil protection oil for gold leaf, i have to find another solution. i used golf leaf in the cracks and it look so good! 

Laying down the gold leaf carefully does make difference in its appearance, then placing wax paper over it & rubbing it with a cloth using small circles helps get rid of ugly wrinkles,  For a sealant to keep it from tarnishing over time use Mod Podge, then I put a coat of  gloss clear. Wish I could show you a pic but I have yet to figure out the damn secret to that. IMGUR isn't co-operating.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DANE said:

Laying down the gold leaf carefully does make difference in its appearance, then placing wax paper over it & rubbing it with a cloth using small circles helps get rid of ugly wrinkles,  For a sealant to keep it from tarnishing over time use Mod Podge, then I put a coat of  gloss clear. Wish I could show you a pic but I have yet to figure out the damn secret to that. IMGUR isn't co-operating.   

Have you been through this how to

I normally right click on the image, select copy and paste into the post. You can also use the "direct link" (has the file extension on the end of the link ie: .jpg, .png, .gif

Then you can long press an image that's uploaded to imgur and copy the image link address!

Looking good, prep work does take the time to get just right, make use you get rid of any print lines, CRL's have the following requirements: 

• 3D printed components must have no visible print lines and must be smooth for a realistic appearance.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, prep work does take the time to get just right, make use you get rid of any print lines, CRL's have the following requirements: 

• 3D printed components must have no visible print lines and must be smooth for a realistic appearance.

that´s why i use both of bondo & filler, then i wet sand it :) 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing things come together! Do you think that it will be finished this year? :P Would be a stretch getting it done for Comic Con 2024 in November but you can always dream, right? :laugh1:

• Like 1