Master Armorer Program - 2024 Relaunch

FISD has many wonderful programs to help members build and submit costumes for our detachment, whether it be a classic Stormtrooper, a First Order Stormtrooper, or even one of the new Imperial Armored Commandos. While our Expert Infantry and Centurion programs get most of the attention, FISD staff wants to relaunch the Armorer Program (Currently called the Master Armorer Program).

What is the Armorer Program you ask?

Well, it is a program designed to recognize those troopers that go above and beyond to assist themselves and others in getting costumes built, submitted, and approved. One of the goals of all the detachments in the 501st Legion is to help members build and submit costumes that meet and hopefully exceed the minimum requirements of the Legion’s CRLs.

Currently the Master Armorer program has the requirement of helping a minimum of 5 members achieve Expert Infantry status. The member must have spent at least 30min physically helping another member with cutting, gluing, sizing, etc, just because they want to help (no money exchanged).

The definition of an armorer is “a maker, supplier, or repairer of weapons or armor”. So while we certainly love the feedback that members provide to others on the forums, and the extra steps some do by having video calls to help walk people through issues with their builds, this program requires hands on work.

The new program will have the same physical help requirement, but we are going to move from a “wins” system, (where a win was help an individual for 30 min or more) to a points system, and we aren’t limiting it to only Expert Infantry builds. While we are pushing the Advance to 1500 to try and achieve 1500 Expert Infantry members, we recognize that the goal of the detachment is to get FISD members build, submitted, and approved. So we will be awarding points for Basic builds as well.

Currently there are 3 levels of the award, FISD Armorer, FISD Senior Armorer and FISD Master Armorer. The new program will add a 4th level at the beginning called the Apprentice Armorer.

The point scale will be as follows.

• 5 points - Apprentice Armorer
  • 10 points - Armorer
  • 20 points  - Senior Armorer
  • 30 points - Master Armorer

The Armorer candidate would earn points based on what level the member costume they assisted with achieved.

If you help with a basic build, you get 1 point, if you help with a EIB build you get 2 points. So a person to basic you get a point, help them again to get their EIB earning another 2 to a total of 3.

The thought again here is that we want to help build as many stormtroopers as possible.

If you love building armorer and love helping fellow members get their costumes built, then this is the program you’ve been searching for. We look forward to awarding more members with this award as we know how much we all love Troopers helping Troopers.

• Like 9

The updated Armourer system is points based.  By assisting other members in person you can earn points which count towards the ranks of the program.

Ranks

armorer_award_a.png Apprentice Armorer (new) - 5 points 

armorer_award_b.png Armorer - 10 points 

armorer_award_s.png Senior Armorer - 20 points

armorer_award_m.png Master Armorer - 30 points

These ranks will be awarded in the form of a forum badge in your profile.

Rules

• All assistance must be in person and for a minimum of 30 minutes.
  • Help is given in the spirit of Troopers Helping Troopers, no money or items of value may be exchanged.
  • The candidate armourer must create a new thread in the Armorer Program Forum,
  • For each member helped add a post to your thread stating:
    • Who the member helped was.
    • A summary of the help given.
    • A link to the relevant approval page (legion for basic, or FISD for EIB).
  • For points to be claimed the member helped must confirm the assistance in that thread.
  • Should 2 people assist one member both may claim but must have assisted to a similar level, and both must be claimed and confirmed individually.
  • Staff will update your running points total, and awards as they are earned.
  • Points will be awarded as follows:
    • 1 Point for assisting a member clear their first stormtrooper costume.
    • 2 Points for assisting a member earn their first EIB award.
  • Like 9

Super, I appreciate the refresh to the program and hopefully (along with some coming announcements), we'll see more activity.

I would assume all existing certified L1 Armorers under the new program would be grandfathered in as L2 under the new program and retain their Armorer status anyways, as they would have at a minimum 5 x 2pts for successful EIB assists for the needed 10 total points, but potentially more if they also assisted with those troopers' original Basic Approval submissions (for an additional point each). Everyone will probably need to redo their math to achieve the next rank, but should be no question of retaining status as I understand it.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Hi Justin, 

The points were calculated taking the old awards into account.  As you state, to get Armorer under the old program required 5 EIB assists.  Under the new program that works out at 5x 2 points, giving 10 points.  So at a minimum, no trooper is worse of than they where 2 days ago.  However if you have also assisted on the Basic clearances, and are able to document those you might well be on your way to master armourer.

Over the coming days I will go through and update the current threads based on the EIB clearance. If there are basic ones to take into account on those same troopers that will need to be accounted for separately as currently we have no documentation of those.

• Like 2

Thank you for confirming and my existing thread has been updated for review when you are ready. Some later wins need to be confirmed but I believe are otherwise documented appropriately.

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

psst.

"While our Expect Infantry "

Expert?

or do we have a new category for soon-to-be-approved suits? :-)

• Like 1

When we re evaluated the program, yes, it was expanded to capture assistance to getting new troopers into armour as well.

Single point.

Additional points are earned for assisting to EI level, aiding in climbing the ladder faster, improving the upgrade numbers to EI, and further embodying the Troopers helping troopers mantra.

10 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I think they where pointing out a typo, which I fixed :laugh1:

:laugh1: got it!

Sorry if I am a bit ignorant. But which page is it on the legion forum that is the "relevant approval page". Because I may have helped enough basic approvals to already qualify for 5 points.

8 hours ago, Brent Seymour said:

Sorry if I am a bit ignorant. But which page is it on the legion forum that is the "relevant approval page". Because I may have helped enough basic approvals to already qualify for 5 points.

I pulled their Legion profile link off the Holocron for mine (not technically the forums) and it seemed to work well to demonstrate that they did have an approved TK, then they confirm your help on the thread. Feel free to use mine as a template if helpful.

11 hours ago, Brent Seymour said:

The link we use for detachment access will be perfect as it will show their costumes there, if there is just the one FISD costume we'll call it close enough,

14 hours ago, Brent Seymour said:

Just enter their TKID number https://www.501st.com/holocron/member/search (login is same as your legion forum)

7 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Congratulations to @giskard8 on being the first to earn the Senior Armorer award!

Congratulations @giskard8 :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley::icon_bow:

• Like 1

Well done Arthur :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

This is a great achievement  @giskard8, and a big win for the members you have assisted. :jc_doublethumbup:

Congratulations.

• Like 1