Frank Imperial commando build thread - armor completed

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I guess you could try some eva foam

I didn’t propose EVA foam as this part is sliding a lot under the chest plate and you need a durable material to avoid having a lot of dent when moving around with it.
I actually use EVA foam to protect components from hitting each other (hidden) on my  other 3D printed armor and it dents very easily. Maybe if you add a protective coating layer over the EVA, it could do the job. 

The material I have selected for the AB is high density, is very though and won’t dent under reasonable pressure. Time will tell, but so far so good.

I have added thin EVA foam under the chest plate / back plate of this build so that raw 3D print surface will not be in direct contact with the AB section. I will add those details on the main section.

Edited by Sithtrooper02

6 hours ago, Sithtrooper02 said:

I didn’t propose EVA foam as this part is sliding a lot under the chest plate and you need a durable material to avoid having a lot of dent when moving around with it.
I actually use EVA foam to protect components from hitting each other (hidden) on my  other 3D printed armor and it dents very easily. Maybe if you add a protective coating layer over the EVA, it could do the job. 

The material I have selected for the AB is high density, is very though and won’t dent under reasonable pressure. Time will tell, but so far so good.

I have added thin EVA foam under the chest plate / back plate of this build so that raw 3D print surface will not be in direct contact with the AB section. I will add those details on the main section.

Hey Francois, I firstly wanted to congratulate you on such a magnificent job getting this out of the door!

Quick question: when you state "no change to current vendor", who is the current vendor, I can't seem to locate the name. I have the Galactic Armory as I am a patreon, have just purchased you ab template, rigle and shins, but was wondering about the rest of the pieces.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Yiyo said:

Hey Francois, I firstly wanted to congratulate you on such a magnificent job getting this out of the door!

Quick question: when you state "no change to current vendor", who is the current vendor, I can't seem to locate the name. I have the Galactic Armory as I am a patreon, have just purchased you ab template, rigle and shins, but was wondering about the rest of the pieces.

Thanks!

Thanks!

No Worries, I mentioned it at the beginning of my thread in the vendor list. I built the armor with some of big Fred custom parts, since he was the closest vendor, but as mentioned, some mods were needed on several of the components.

I did start with GA armory first because they were not expensive but after diving in details into the parts (and even printing the helmet), GA were not accurate enough on some of the major components.

53 minutes ago, Sithtrooper02 said:

Thanks!

No Worries, I mentioned it at the beginning of my thread in the vendor list. I built the armor with some of big Fred custom parts, since he was the closest vendor, but as mentioned, some mods were needed on several of the components.

I did start with GA armory first because they were not expensive but after diving in details into the parts (and even printing the helmet), GA were not accurate enough on some of the major components.

Thanks for answering mate! 

I agree, I started looking into GAs file last night after seeing your post and decided to invest in Big Fred's as well as your pieces, loving the blaster rifle (nearly finished printing), and the shins and JetPack look fantastic, will be printing them next :)

I am also going to try and make the rubber pieces myself following your instructios, so fingers crossed, I may be back with some questions.

Once again, great work on the CRL mate!