Welcome to the Captain Enoch resource thread for CRL creation

9 hours ago, azoroes said:

One question to the belt as a non native speaker, does "is closed at the rear" mean the closure is on the back side or does it mean the belt is closed at the front and nothing is at the back? 

I really have no memory of that, and honestly I think it's wrong as well.  Looks like it's closed (as in the fastener or buckle) at the front. I am going to claim it as a typo 🫠

I think the best route is to simply remove that line and let people use reference so it looks correct and not worry about forcing it any specific way.

Regarding the skirt, I've not had a chance to go back and watch yet due to work and other issues taking my time.

Perhaps the simplest solution is to amend the wording to remove the word "fabric".  Then if some one has made one in either fabric or leather so far they are going to be able to get cleared.  Looking at the images there just is not enough detail right now to make a 100% decision. The motion might help but even then we don't 100% know and might not ever unless this ends up on a stand at Celebration or similar.

We can always add it later as a level 2/3 requirement once we know for sure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I've updated both the belt and the skirt sections. If anyone has any comments let me know.

I just wanted to thank you guys for pushing this out the door! So many of us have or will have very similar costumes ready, so the changing of words to allow for basic approval, really helps.

Thanks! Hopefully we will get a model soon!

• Like 2

vor 18 Stunden schrieb themaninthesuitcase:

I've updated both the belt and the skirt sections. If anyone has any comments let me know.

Looking good, but in my eyes we should clarify that the rear border is not the same as on the front and side panels, pretty good to see in the pictures from my last post 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Yiyo:

I just wanted to thank you guys for pushing this out the door! So many of us have or will have very similar costumes ready, so the changing of words to allow for basic approval, really helps.

Thanks! Hopefully we will get a model soon!

I'm on vacation this week and will continue on the remaining parts to be done, hope the first pictures from last weekend are coming soon so you can see all of it a bit better as in general everything blended together very good in my eyes. 

8 minutes ago, azoroes said:

Looking good, but in my eyes we should clarify that the rear border is not the same as on the front and side panels, pretty good to see in the pictures from my last post 

I'm on vacation this week and will continue on the remaining parts to be done, hope the first pictures from last weekend are coming soon so you can see all of it a bit better as in general everything blended together very good in my eyes. 

Many of us have used K&J Sewing from UKG for the Kama so we appreciate the “undefined “ part of it as the patterns are fantastic and the choice of materials, is still difficult to decide.

What does the rear border mean? 

Edited by Yiyo

I think it works with fabric as you did, but if it's done with leather it seems to be a bit different

Tough thing I have to be sure, I think in the end the combination has to fit the look. 

5 hours ago, azoroes said:

I think it works with fabric as you did, but if it's done with leather it seems to be a bit different

Tough thing I have to be sure, I think in the end the combination has to fit the look. 

Panels are leather, quilted sides are fabric :)

On 10/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, azoroes said:

I understand what you are saying but there is an amount of implied "and matches the screen reference". There is a balance between making the text too complex and hard to follow vs too simple and not detailed enough.  Not sure where this falls exactly, but it does say that all panels need to have a red borer. It's just defining that is a bit tricky at this point.