Night Trooper Build

TK10345

On 6/19/2024 at 3:44 PM, Salti said:

I am in awe of what you achieved with this build!  I have a question for you if you're willing and able to share?

I am building a Night Tie Pilot and have ambitions to do my own Night Trooper later.

What process did you use to do the Kintsugi (Gold cover on crack joints and replacement peices)?

Did you actually score the cracks into the armor a little and then fill them while just painting the areas that were replaced chips and parts?  If so, what did you use for the fill?

I am trying to think ahead how I will go about doing this... I'm trying to figure out the best way to mimic the look without having to actually do the fill process of Kintsugi.  What you did looks amazing!

I used gold leaf for the big areas and the cracks are done with a dremel and filled in with gold leaf paint

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2024 at 2:53 PM, TK10345 said:

I used gold leaf for the big areas and the cracks are done with a dremel and filled in with gold leaf paint

Thank you so much!

I did some testing on a piece of plastic and found I liked the look of scoring a with a dremel and filling with gold leaf rub-n-buff.

I was thinking I would just use the rub-n-buff paint to paint the larger replacement bits, but perhaps leaf would be better...  I will give that a try on my test sheet.

• Like 1