ANH TK Stunt - My first suit!

Scout_Troop3R

I got the last screw and rivet in for the right ear and it looks great with only a small thing or two to be fixed, mostly just that gap by the ear, which will be easy to mend.

on6BsR8.jpg

qbDWxnY.jpg

Tomorrow I'll see about getting the left ear and the visor done, then all the basics will be ready for Comic-Con and I can spend the last two days on the extras. (Audio, padding, etc.) 

Painting will come later when I actually get my paints in the mail.

Edited by Scout_Troop3R

3 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I got the last screw and rivet in for the right ear and it looks great with only a small thing or two to be fixed, mostly just that gap by the ear, which will be easy to mend.

Reducing that gap will be difficult with what you have, but worth a try. I would trim the top of the ear first and see how that looks. It may also have to come down on the sides a little, elongating the ear holes is not a problem if you need to.

qbDWxnY.thumb.jpg.0e77a4e5c408befe31553468bc949963.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Reducing that gap will be difficult with what you have, but worth a try. I would trim the top of the ear first and see how that looks. It may also have to come down on the sides a little, elongating the ear holes is not a problem if you need to.

qbDWxnY.thumb.jpg.0e77a4e5c408befe31553468bc949963.jpg

I was just planning to cut a piece to fit that gap and ABS paste it on but trimming and then doing that (if I need to) is probably a better idea lol.

I don't mind having the little gaps, it's just that big one which bothers me.

Edited by Scout_Troop3R

44 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I was just planning to cut a piece to fit that gap and ABS paste it on but trimming and then doing that (if I need to) is probably a better idea lol.

I don't mind having the little gaps, it's just that which bothers me.

Really depends how it would look after you filled and sanded. ABS paste can take some time to look just right, many layers of sanding and polishing, only apply thin coasts as air bubbles can form if too thick. The other issue with ABS paste is the color can change once it is sanded and you may need to touch up with paint.

Personally I would try to trim the ear a little more, it is a time consuming job and many find the ears the worst of their builds.

At the end of the day it is entirely up to your GML (garrison membership liaison) as to what they will accept for base approval, you can check with them :duim:

• Like 1

These things are also what creates character between troopers! I doubt that a GML wouldn't clear you, but at the end of the day - you should be happy with it! :D 

• Like 1

I got the left ear installed in record time with zero problems, good day!

also got the visor finally installed, no more tape, better day!
And man is this awesome.

PJp6Vy7.jpg

og0SeOG.jpg

RKt7LVp.jpg

Aside from painting and fixing the right ear piece all that's left is installing padding, electronics, and the s-type neck trim.

Edited by Scout_Troop3R

And huzzah! I think functionally it is complete! (aside from paint and fixes of course)

Yes it's a bit of a mess but hey it works, and I can make it pretty after comic-con.

Really happy with it, it's a good fit, and it stays on my head properly.

rEFvBvy.jpg

xEtaDNR.jpg

70uezZp.jpg

That other velcro patch is for a battery pack that I have charging currently, and I definitely need a new microphone, the current one is crap.

Edited by Scout_Troop3R
  • Like 2