[66] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)

Doggydoc

Troop 54

Stratford, Ontario

May 25, 2024
Stratford Comicon 

This was a small local con. Not overly busy but fun none the less. 

We captured a rebellious Jedi while there. 
dc8sBoC.jpg

gS638vx.jpg

Turn around is fair play I guess 

ex3lw0o.jpg

In the end, we are all friends for a good cause. 
8SgeMTC.jpg

• Like 4

• Doggydoc changed the title to [54] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)
  • 3 weeks later...

Troop 55

Niagara Falls, Ontario

June 7, 2024
Niagara Falls Comicon Day 1

This was a huge event for us as the con organizers wanted to create the largest Star Wars pop up event.

we were joined by Roxy the Rancor, the Rebel Legion and the Mando Mercs.  We brought our Tantive 4, Jabba’s throne room, Endor Bunker, Droid scrap yard and Blast a trooper sets. A great weekend over all with visits on the 3rd day from Femmi Taylor (ROTJ Jabba dancer) and Paul Blake (Greedo).

MyYIksR.jpg

nMbiivB.jpg

JY3Otcq.jpg

Pre con blue milk break in the Tantive 4 Corridor

bF5KRbA.jpg

We had a rebel spy sneak up on us during this victory shot

Bcfb1MO.jpg

Smart move rebel scum

q7vvGRI.jpg

99ahc5g.jpg

There’s one, set for stun

kZHkuFl.jpg

Met Roxy out of costume. She was a but hangry.

pPOtBfR.jpg

Took a few minutes to visit the rebel booth and dispatch some droids. 

1Hjm4Ss.jpg

• Like 4

• Doggydoc changed the title to [55] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)
On 6/21/2024 at 12:11 AM, Dielotski said:

Wow!  Where do you store all of that and how do you transport it?

We have a tractor trailer that we rent to store everything at a trailer storage yard and then we rent a truck for the weekend to transport. 

Troop 56

Niagara Falls, Ontario

June 8, 2024
Niagara Falls Comicon Day 2

I didn’t get much trooping in this day as I manned the booth most of the day.

I took a go at blast a trooper from the other end of the table.

w5mgUcY.jpg

I did manage to suit up near the end of the day and ended up getting arrested by the Mandos.

PpgH4Sp.jpg

rT0wFWZ.jpg

• Like 3

Troop 57

Niagara Falls, Ontario

June 9, 2024
Niagara Falls Comicon Day 3

This was an all around great day.  I coordinated with one of our Vaders to meet up with a young fan who comes out with his mom to every Comicon we do.  He is very shy and has really opened up over the past while when he sees us and he is a huge Vader fan. He was really excited when we talked with him and called him by name.

We encountered this little droid carrying the Death Star plans

Nc2ve0b.jpg

Lots of photo ops in the Tantive 4  hall again with Vader and @Wompet

rN6zvgv.jpg

We were even visited by Paul Blake (Greedo) and Femi Taylor (Jabba’s dancer Oola in ROTJ)

C6DQBRS.jpg

The coolest thing then happened. They grabbed us to go over to the blast a trooper range where Femi and Paul blasted us.  I can confirm without a doubt that Greedo did shoot first. 

xQNgG1n.jpg

K72wJt2.jpg

• Like 4

Troop 58

London, Ontario

June 18, 2024

London Children’s Hospital 

we are now starting to do hospital visits again in the post Covid period.   This is our second troop and we plan on doing them every couple of months.  Small and short troops where we visit the kids and their families in their rooms.

we had one little girl who had just watched ANH the day before and she was so excited to see us. 
One mom came out of the room after we left to let us know that her 10 month old baby started to smile and laugh as soon as we left him.  

These are the troops that make what we do so worthwhile.  Just to see that brief smile or twinkle in their eyes when they are going through such a tough time is such an amazing feeling.

2TkSyYg.jpg

• Like 6

• Doggydoc changed the title to [58] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)
  • 1 month later...

Troop 59

London, Ontario

July 21, 2024

London Pride Parade

This was my first Pride Parade troop and it was absolutely amazing despite the plus 30 degrees Celsius temperature.

We kitted up in a nearby parking lot and made our way to the staging area where we found some shade while we waited for an hour or so for the parade to start.

JMTTuzx.jpg

ix9WFic.jpg

Then it was time for action.  As soon as we put on our helmets, we were mobbed for photos from the other parade goers in the staging area.  Even the local chief of police asked for a photo with us.

cQGJDfc.jpg

Then it was on to the parade.  It was about a 45 minute march which was hot but not unbearable.  The white TK armour really reflects the heat well.  So many cheers and hugs along the way.  We were so well received.

qayxy93.jpg

dwv1Gr4.jpg

oGH6L9N.jpg

KfDJ1e5.jpg

2 of our members had strategically parked vehicles near the end of the parade route to drive us back to where we parked or cars.  This was a life saver and a chance to try sitting in a vehicle in costume (I must admit, I took off my thighs and shins to get in).

Y8Ouzyy.jpg

• Like 7

• Doggydoc changed the title to [59] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)
  • Doggydoc changed the title to [60] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)

Troop 60

Burlington , Ontario

August  3, 2024

May the north be with you Day 1

I split this troop with a different costume for day 1 and 2.  The first day was TK day and day 2 saw my Darth Maul.

This is a small and very fun troop.  Day 1 is a convention with panels and is attended by the Ontario Star Wars collectors club.  Panelists included Roger Christian who I absolutely love to listen to as he talks about working along sideGeorge Lucas on a new hope. Also in attendance were Freddie Thoman from Kenner who designed the ESB toys, Irwin toys, who distributed the toys to Canada in the 70’s and 80’s as well as Brian Lemay, layout artist for Ewoks and Droids cartoons. 
The second day is open to the public and is a Star Wars collector toy show.  

3pth91a.jpg

Here is a shot for fun from day 2

sYOBDEL.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/7/2024 at 2:22 PM, Doggydoc said:

Troop 60

Burlington , Ontario

August  3, 2024

May the north be with you Day 1

I split this troop with a different costume for day 1 and 2.  The first day was TK day and day 2 saw my Darth Maul.

This is a small and very fun troop.  Day 1 is a convention with panels and is attended by the Ontario Star Wars collectors club.  Panelists included Roger Christian who I absolutely love to listen to as he talks about working along sideGeorge Lucas on a new hope. Also in attendance were Freddie Thoman from Kenner who designed the ESB toys, Irwin toys, who distributed the toys to Canada in the 70’s and 80’s as well as Brian Lemay, layout artist for Ewoks and Droids cartoons. 
The second day is open to the public and is a Star Wars collector toy show.  

3pth91a.jpg

Here is a shot for fun from day 2

sYOBDEL.jpg

Congrats on the big 60 Gerald! That Maul is looking hella sick as well!!!! :peace:

• Like 1

• Doggydoc changed the title to [65] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)
  • Doggydoc changed the title to [60] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)

Troop 61

Guelph , Ontario

August  10, 2024

Guelph Comicon

This was a fairly local troop at a library trying their first go at a Comicon.  It was fairly quiet but fun nonetheless. 

vlToJu1.jpg

• Like 2

Troop 62

Milton , Ontario

August  11, 2024

Oblivion 80’s and 90’s festival

This was a car show with everything 80’s and 90’s. It was a real walk down memory lane for me as those were the decades of my youth. Lots of walking and a bit of rain but very fun still.

P9nkyAf.jpg

A28zwu5.jpg

sJ9mwf4.jpg

UbsOdWU.jpg

uwNsKBz.jpg

One of our members had his car entered. He brought his bucket along for the photo. 
XhAmrO5.jpg

GK586iu.jpg

0iqFmeB.jpg

• Like 2

Troop 63

Toronto , Ontario

August  22, 2024

Fan Expo Canada Day 1

I wore my Death trooper in the morning and did the TK in the afternoon. A fairly quiet day as it was a Thursday afternoon.  We raised money for Make A Wish Foundation over the 4 days. 
mMoVIDK.jpg

• Like 3

Troop 64

Toronto , Ontario

August  23, 2024

Fan Expo Canada Day 2

Day 2 involved a live interview with a local news radio station and the morning in my TK. 

The afternoon was spent at the booth and exploring the con a bit.  

oBbs3Dv.jpg

Day 3 was dedicated to my Darth Maul, so no TK suit up as I wanted to maximize the use of the 3 hour plus makeup application.

xlg7bK5.jpg

• Like 3

Troop 65

Toronto , Ontario

August  25, 2024

Fan Expo Canada Day 4

This was a busy day.  We started with a request to provide 6 stormtroopers to interact with guests lined up for the Ubisoft panel for their new Star Wars outlaws game.  I was positioned at the door and did ID checks, warned of underworld and syndicate activity in the area and ensured that no secret plans were being sent to the rebels via people using their cell phones. This was probably one of the most fun events I have done just harassing guests. 

Having 6 stormtroopers in kit provided for some great phto ops.

NgcFsEG.jpg

IzSZh0O.jpg

GxvNsKr.jpg

Even got one with my dog who attended all 4 days with us.

vimheQt.jpg

• Like 3

• Doggydoc changed the title to [66] TK-96004 (DoggyDoc) troop log (Socials approved)

Troop 66

Toronto , Ontario

August  29, 2024

SLC Live 2024

This was an engineering and arts students frosh mixer troop at Toronto Metropolitan University with a sci fi / star wars cantina theme.  There was a little bit of concern with it being a freshman / frosh party but as it was a dry event and we had handlers, we felt we would be okay.  We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and respect we were given by the organizers and students,  everyone was polite and cordial and we were very well taken care of.  With over 1000 students in attendance, this was absolutely amazing. (photo credit Ashvink Photography)

gQa4Bwf.jpg

gk2R4t4.jpg

Bwtp8tP.jpg

Mq1w3NT.jpg

wFqsaAP.jpg

• Like 2