TK 6908's AP ARMOR BUILD[*AP]

Unfortunately i didnt get to take pics of anything else as i was pressed for time. Obviously i did the other thigh as i did the one above. The forarm and biceps i just did the overlap method which works fine for those pieces. I was going to do the strip on the forearms, but i decided to go with glue one side and the other side velcro so i oped against it. Of course the AP forearms are a little weird and just didnt go together well with the velco on one side, so i ended up gluing both sides and thats worked out much better.

the shins i did as i did the front of the thighs, and they have industril velcro on the rear.

heres a couple of pics of how my forearms are trimmed and together:

wrist end:

DSCN1000.jpg

elbow end:

DSCN1001.jpg

Ok so here is an overview of my strapping system. Its comprimised of mostly snaps and clips.

This is the inside of my chestplate. As you can see, i have a speaker mounted in it, along with an amp and the wire to hook up my headset mic. The straps you see with the clips in the center under the amp and speaker, attaches to the ab plate to keep the ab from popping over the chest. The ones on the sides are to attach to the backplate. You can also see the snaps at the shoulder which attach to elastic pieces which also snap onto the backplate. All the straps are attached with double snaps for strength. The snaps are attached to the armor via "daves garage" method. the snaps are mounted into webbing, and the webbing is then epoxied to the plastic side of industrial velcro that has already been positioned properly. this way, even though it is very difficult, you CAN remove the snaps from the armor to replace or move them.

DSCN0992.jpg

Here is the backplate, with the elastic shoulder straps still attached, and the clip straps that attache to the chest plate.

DSCN0993.jpg

Here are my shoulder bells. They have a loop of webbing attached to them with snaps which snap onto the same elastic strap that the front and back are attached to each other with at the shoulder. The biceps are attached to the shoulder bells with elastic.

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

here you can see the inside of my ab plate. it has the other end of the straps that attach to the chest, and industrial velcro on the side to attach my side gap plates. the ab buttons are actually vaderdave's. I drilled through the button box plate and munted it using the ab buttons as screws. I also added a snap on the left side that attaches to the other end of that snapo mounted on the belt. It hold up that side of the belt from drooping cuz of the weight of the blaster. i use a suspender type system with wide elastic that snaps onto both the ab and kidney plates.

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN1002.jpg

here is my kidney/butt plates. Pretty self explanitory. All elastic pieces the 2 with the snaps are on the "daves garage" way. the rest are hot glued.

DSCN0999.jpg

Ok thats all i got, any questions, feel free to ask! hope this helps someone out!

haha yea, i learned alot from my FX kit, i must have re-did the strapping like 5times before i came to pretty much what i used for this kit. So far this seems like a good method and everything pretty much stays in place.

Great shots, Lou. As I'm nearing the snap'n'strap phase, it'll be handy reference for me.

Incredible cutting and filling job on those thighs - I really don't have the cojones to do that on mine, but I hope they work out ok! Post a pic up once you've filled the seamss, and lets see what the result looks like!