I have seen welders shields go cheap, and expensive depending on where you go... If you can find em, cutting your own might yeald you about 3 sets if your careful. I use a machine to cut mine. I try to offer mine at a discounted price... The post office and Paypal are killing me. LOL... But that protects everybody, so I pay it...

There are choises out there, depending on what you want, and how you want to look. There is a trooper here selling Plexi Thick ones, I put out thinner flex welders shield ones grade 3, not the plain un coated ones. There is a difrence in shields. I have seen some on ebay in grey plexi as well as bubble. I only do stunt.

Thanks for the good words smitty, I will keep on trying to offer them at the least amount possible. I just wish the dollar was doing better...

I'm going with a dark welders shield. I actually used it for my fett and have some left over. i paid about $14 locally. I would use a dremil to cut it. i broke my first one trying to cut it.

I make real 1/8" thick lenses (not a flimsy film) if anyone's ever interested:--------

Kev

Spec Ops DL

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TK-1422 said:
I make real 1/8" thick lenses (not a flimsy film) if anyone's ever interested:-------

Kev

Spec Ops DL

I bought lenses off of Kevin, they are great! Very dark so no one can inside. You can see out good. I've had flash photography within a few feet of my face and you can't see anything.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 year later...
Tk bondservnt said:
can anyone say Bubbled? green?

The search feature is your friend. :)

---------

Smitty said:
From what I understand you can take some flat lens drop one into boiling water till it becomes flexible place it over the eye hole on the inside of a the helmet and then use a spoon to push out a bubble shape before the lens hardens back up when it cools.

There is a proper tutorial on here, but in my quickie search I wasn't able to find it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Murray1134 said:
There is a proper tutorial on here, but in my quickie search I wasn't able to find it.

Paul

Steve - riveting did a great tutorial for bubbles last year sometime, I don't know if

this was the one you was thinking about but here's the link :)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Billhag said:
Paul

Steve - riveting did a great tutorial for bubbles last year sometime, I don't know if

this was the one you was thinking about but here's the link :)

---------

That's the one! Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 year later...

I got a dark green replacement shield from work today to try my hand at cutting some lenses for my bucket,the shade is IR/UV #5.0...will that be too dark? the outer part of the shield looks almost black but it's definately green when you look through it.