Getting Boots

tk0471

Hello, TK-471 reporting (first post). I've been in the 501st for about 6 years, and I have a pair of Mark Cheng Stormtrooper boots. They are very nice, but they were always a bit small, sort of tight (I tried to stretch them once). With the big parade march coming up, I was considering just getting a new pair, and I've searched Caboots, and eBay, and before I try to buy from those sources, does anyone have a recommendation? I can survive the in boots I have now, but it would probably be better on my feet to upgrade. Thank you!

-Pete, Stormtrooper TK-471

Michigan Squad

Midwest Garrison

You may want into getting a comfortable pair of comfortable boots and dye them white. Tandy leather carries the white dye and sealer.

The screen used boots should be very comfortable. They are Jodphur model 1095 and painted white. Jodphur is a british boot company that makes horse riding boots.

They still make Stormtrooper style boots but the now all have frige and doo-dads for adult sizes For anyone doing kids TK oufits they still make them in kids sizes, and are readily avialable on ebay.

WELCOME to the FORUM :duim: ...I don't know of any other sources, but I have Caboots, & I believe that You would be better off using the boots that you have now....than buying some new caboots for the up comming parade, because they will have a good chance of destroying your feet, even with the route being a short 5+ miles, I've done 50+ mile forced marches, and I would NEVER pick up a new pair of boots before...Because you would know what to expext out of your existing boots, and you don't want any surprises during and after the event Like (NOT being able to walk), but if your a gambling man then you can go with the caboots, they will look nice shiney and new....I hope this helps :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the CA boots myself. I've had them for 3 years now. I've done lots of events in them including a mini-marathon. My problem with them is the elastic on the sides do not stretch enough for me, and it's a little hard to get them on. (I'm a big guy.) That led to the stitching in the back to rip. I haven't seen other troopers with this problem. I'd also recommend getting some good insoles if you plan on using them for the parade. I had tons of blisters from the marathon. Other than that, the boots have excellent fit and finish...and when I have some extra money around I'm going to pick up another pair. Hope that helps.