How Good is this Sound Kit?

Hey All,

I currently own a MR 'Stunt' helmet, and I really want to add some in-helmet sound. I was thinking about buying this sound kit from trik toys:

-------------

What do you guys think of this? If this is not good, do you guys have any other reccomendations as far as in-helmet sound?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I bought this one, and it's a decent enought setup. Gives some feedback from the tip mics, if you plan on putting the entire thing inside your helmet.

However, it does not produce a static burst... For that, you'd need TrikToys FX board as well... Or ROM/FX.

I tried that this weekend on TKEastbays bucket but something (might have been my doing) happened to the receiver module. I ordered another wireless kit last night so I can get the system up and running.

Look for a thread called "Deal of the Day" It shows the exact toy including the packaging. Its over by the cheap toys like glow in the dark ceiling stars and stuff.

The loudest configuration I tried so far is make the wireless jump from the helmet to the toy via a wireless kit. The toy in the chest is pretty loud. If it turns out not to be loud enuff for you, parallel a Radio shack amp with the wal mart toy from the output of the reciever. That would increase your wattage and put another speaker "enclosure" in the chest plate. When the wireless kit arrives I'll make a thread on how to make a Wi-Fi Wally.

Thanks for the input guys, but let me ask you something. What do you guys feel is the best solution for achieveing in-helmet sound? I have heard of a number of ways to do this (the areator speakers only bieng one option). The other option would be to somehow mount a voice amp INSIDE the helmet. And yeah, I also took a look at this kit: www.romfx.com I know it is expensive, but I kind of want the automatic static burst feature, and I could afford this kit.

Unfortunately, I can't really afford to purchase a full set of armor right now, but since I own a helmet, that is the reason why I want to mount something in just the helmet itself vs. some of the options you guys have suggested (mounting the voice box undernieth the chest piece).

So yes, your thoughts please. What are some solutions for in-helmet sound?