Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Aaron my man I was not following your thread like a real goofball, I went back and read the whole thing doing great buddy! The neck seal looks great, I got mine on ebay I hope it will be up to snuff if not I'm going to throw some money Darman's way. Look forward to the continued progress

• Like 1

Aaron my man I was not following your thread like a real goofball, I went back and read the whole thing doing great buddy! The neck seal looks great, I got mine on ebay I hope it will be up to snuff if not I'm going to throw some money Darman's way. Look forward to the continued progress

No worries at all mate - hope your move is going well!

• Like 1

one thing I wanted to ask was where you picked up that ultra fine sandpaper. I bought all 3 novus polishes.

Jewelry Suppliers carry the finer grit sand paper - there's up to 3500 diamond cloth but she's pricey.

Today I seen one of the other AP recruits curious about the modification required for the kidney notch so I figured it time to do a thread (suggested by justjoseph63 back when the issue was first addressed).

Really hope it helps.

Pyrates AP Kidney Notch Modification

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/35909-Pyrates-AP-Kidney-Notch-Modification

• Like 3

Quick update: I'm still working on the kidney notches modification but wanted to bring you up to date with my concurrent work.

1st - Tony's Hot Tub trick worked on my forearms to make them more comfortable

2nd - Received my Bad...uhh Hero rubber hand guards from justjoseph63. They are absolutely stellar quality and a real added bonus to my build.

3rd - Stencils have shown up and (ugh) painting under way - not so confident on this one (not by choice)but I will get opinions prior to caving and ordering a second set of decals from Mark - now that I have decal spray on hand for back-up

4th - Shin assembly under way

5th - Continued work on other parts when I come up for air.

After going to the photo shoot in Banff and seeing Jayden's Centurion armor I've been working like a TK possessed and... Loving every minute of it

Cheers my friends - I will get photos up as soon as I can.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Here's my forearms getting ready for their hot tub party - I have since pulled the cover strips off and they are being re-done for the fourth time which is fine by me as this will be the last time unless otherwise stated by the powers that be or they come apart during a troop.

8E8DFC5C-807B-414D-B434-87ACB77DB775_zps

Edited by Pyrates

This is an evening of sanding with me (this was the night of the shins) - I love the progression of the abs filings on me as the pictures - yes I am sanding and filing every part like this and look like this every night when I go to bed :laugh1:

52F1DF02-8DAF-4816-9637-AE9F3F9E4634_zps

6A860542-C051-4E9F-B148-FC1D79DCC602_zps

A67882B5-2E2E-4A07-B9B7-6AEF4C191585_zps

7ED3FB91-D6B5-4536-815C-23A1AAC3154C_zps

• Like 1

These are for whats coming up soon - ohhhh I'm getting as excited as I was when getting my BBB (less the throwing up lol) - Feel the power of the TK "Oh Yeeeeah!" (sounding like the Kool-Aid man)

C7854965-7A96-4865-BB60-DB6A860E9A51_zps

2104E0A3-0945-4E6B-BC02-D0A10BEBF240_zps

1FFF1D4A-7A67-481D-B856-B39A1982555E_zps

21C62357-04FF-40F9-B1D6-1865298C4DE8_zps

3E4643DF-5F4E-4FEA-B22D-3CB1792C981F_zps

• Like 1

All is looking awesome! Looks like you've got a plan to move ahead with, in regards to blueprints. Only thing I might have done different is in regards to painting the traps on the bucket. I'd have gone with black first as an undercoat, and then paint the grey on top of that, leaving a small margin of black. Don't forget, there is no right or wrong way, as long as the ends are the same.<br><br>

All is looking awesome! Keep up the great work!

• Like 3

All is looking awesome! Looks like you've got a plan to move ahead with, in regards to blueprints. Only thing I might have done different is in regards to painting the traps on the bucket. I'd have gone with black first as an undercoat, and then paint the grey on top of that, leaving a small margin of black. Don't forget, there is no right or wrong way, as long as the ends are the same.<br><br>

All is looking awesome! Keep up the great work!

Cheers Dan - appreciate it as always good sir!

• Like 1

:shok::6: - Shudders at the notch pictures - :o:shok:

Awesome work A-Aron.. thanks for sharing the pictures!! :dancing-trooper:

I swear I am going to have Notch Nightmares!!

• Like 1