Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

HockeyTrooper

Just curious if any troopers have done an event like this. One is being hosted at the hospital where I go to school and I'm thinking about trying it as a TK. Here is a brief description of the event: "The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence. A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event is a playful opportunity for men to raise awareness in their community about the serious causes, effects and remediations to sexualized violence." And more info is available at http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/. I think it would be a neat event to do as a TK (if balancing wouldn't kill me) and I think I could raise a good chunk of change through my local garrison.

What do you guys think? Have any of the men out there attempted walking in heels before? In armor with heels? Should I have a bad feeling about this?

First of all, I so whole-heartedly commend you for doing this event!

Second, go to Marshalls or somewhere inexpensive and get the largest dang women's shoes you can find, make sure they're comfy, and go for it. The less white the better. Feel free to wear bootie socks as you will blister like hell.

I'm a woman who NEVER wears women's shoes because they HURT. They just don't fit me. Like most women's clothes! LOL