Latex Handguards

I got a set of Karin's amazing latex/non-latex handguards, and I'm trying to figure out how to put these to use. After some initial research on here and discussions with others, I was recommended to use caulk.

So I caulked (hehe.. sorry it's funny to say that aloud) up the gloves and handguards and now nearly 3 days later I have created a mildly sticky mess all over my gloves and the backs of my handplates.

Personally, I'd rather not have these attached directly to my gloves. The stress is just too much when I take my gloves on and off, it's much easier for me to do the old-fashioned strap over the palms. It seems that best way to do this would be to attach the handplate to a small piece of plastic and attach my elastic straps to the plastic.

My question is what is the best glue/epoxy/caulk/whatever for attaching these to a piece of plastic?

I plan on using E6000. Super strong, flexible and has not let me down on the rest of my build.

E6000 will not work...at least, not in my case. It didn't bond to the hand plates at all. I used Loctite Superflex Non-Corrosive RTV Clear Silicone Adhesive Sealant.

Here's a link http://www.alexgs.com/product/loctite-51387.html

The latex hand guards are painted - ;) with a dull surface and the paint will crack and flake with time (making them screen accurate tough) AND I do not make them anymore.

You, sir, have the non-latex ones. They're quite glossy. Without any of the disadvantages

Regards,

Karin

If it makes you feel any better, I used some white GE caulk on mine. Everyone says just get caulk sealant, so I did, not even two days ago. They pretty much fell off and now they have a layer of caulk stuck to the bottom of them making it impossible to get a flat seal again. Looks like I get to order another pair of handguards... at least I am keeping Karin in business... :(

Brian, how well does your loctite hold? I know I wont be like, picking at them, but I want to be able to move my hands around without fear of them falling off again. If an when I ever get another pair. I'm so pissed.

Edited by snoberg