Final note

Guest weiBes

Guest Slipperycakes

I can honestly say i havent made much if any profit from my work. it wasnt done for that purpose, i did it so i didnt have to pay people like TE large, HUGE amounts of cash for something that costs him so little to make, no matter what it supposedly cost him to make. Say the helmet i cast was something i paid huges amounts of cash for and then after casting it, i resell it for the same amount of cash or more. then start making helmets and armor, large amounts of these and selling them for way more then any one should ever have to pay cash for. You sell so much that it becomes a supplement for your everyday income? wouldnt you condemn any one else who is making a copy? wether it be of yours or some ones elses. sounds like some one we know huh? Then sell your molds to a nice guy and claim to give him full rights that werent yours to give in the first place, then start selling copies of your own stuff rite in front of the guy that paid you royalties to make the stuff, now that aint twisted? what does this do for the new guys buisness? destroys it! i have not effected sales of either party, if you look at my feedback on ebay and i welcome you too, (soldierof4cheese) you will find three helmet sales that were mine and their old, the other two was a clone helmet and an SDS. i am sure everyone that has visited the MEPD has seen my stuff and never knew it was anything but a TE, i dont need to sell my stuff to make a living, i have a well paying job and i have gave more away then ever sold! EVER! Sandyboy just sold one of my helmets on the RPF, it was a gift to him and cost him nothing, TE didnt like the fact that he had one of my helmets, so he sold it. I am sure TE is sniffing around Sandyboy because he owns a real ROTJ and i am sure he is trying to make some deal with him for more profit. I was told be TE himself that he has made around $1000000.00 of sales from good people. i dont know about you but i think his whine about what it cost him to make his bad cast helmet has more than paid for itself and then some. I would say Lucas is the victim here and not Matt, decide for yourself if he has the right to step on my artistic abilites or maybe next time it will be yours? It cost about $5000.00 to do it rite, not what TE claims, i know that is what it cost me and i have never made it back, dont care if i do. i did just because i could.

Guest Slipperycakes

Oh yeah Matt, i have already done the armor and it looks great! friends and displays are already wearing it. No soft spots either...

Its all in how you heat the plastic and mold height on the table. Thicker plastic doesnt always mean you loose detail, if you really know how to heat and pull 1/4 plastic can yield the same results as .060 gauge. Building a proper machine helps to not a freeking card table. i had to laugh when i seen those pictures. At this time i cant properly pull ABS and really dont care if i ever do, because the results from my styrene pulls are better than anyone else i have ever seen, EVER! If you want to learn how to do it right just ask, i will tell you,maybe... if your nice. You mentioned that i will another helmet from you to cast, wrong i just wanted it for my prop shelf, but thats okay, you keep them. I was going to give you one of mine and you said you didnt have room, fine i didnt send you one. Wait until you see the next version, like i said an original it will be. I am here to stay, wether it be this forum or another, i am here. maybe we could meet, i would like that very much. someday?

Oh yeah Matt, i have already done the armor and it looks great! friends and displays are already wearing it. No soft spots either...

Its all in how you heat the plastic and mold height on the table. Thicker plastic doesnt always mean you loose detail, if you really know how to heat and pull 1/4 plastic can yield the same results as .060 gauge. Building a proper machine helps to not a freeking card table. i had to laugh when i seen those pictures. At this time i cant properly pull ABS and really dont care if i ever do, because the results from my styrene pulls are better than anyone else i have ever seen, EVER! If you want to learn how to do it right just ask, i will tell you,maybe... if your nice. You mentioned that i will another helmet from you to cast, wrong i just wanted it for my prop shelf, but thats okay, you keep them. I was going to give you one of mine and you said you didnt have room, fine i didnt send you one. Wait until you see the next version, like i said an original it will be. I am here to stay, wether it be this forum or another, i am here. maybe we could meet, i would like that very much. someday?

blah blah blah... I dont use a card table, never have... again, nice try... you want to meet huh? Why waste my time on a thief and a liar? I said I have better things to do.

And posting what people make or pay for things is irrelevant and also in poor taste, but then we already lnew you have that . Again, you are trying to justify your misdoings and outright lies you have told people.

No sorry, I kow how you work.. once a recaster, it never ends. Sorry I have seen your armor and it is too thick to look correct. And I can pull ABS if I want to as well.

And again, I have better things to do with my time than listen to you justify the means to your ends.

If you ever do meet me, it wont happen. I wont give you the time of day. It would be 10 seconds of my life wasted. So dont hol your breath.

T*E

Guest Slipperycakes

Thanks brother! when you dont want to get ripped off by paying ungodly prices, i say make it yourself! its more rewarding anyway. You dont have to try and get rich, just do it because you can! dont make others rich for doing the same thing! this is America land of the free.

I have one of your helmets and I think its awesome. Guess how much I paid???? NOTHING. He's a great guy and gives alot of his stuff away. Wait till you all see my new helmets. ;)

wow, BOTH recasters in one place at the same time.. make a note folks, no morals in these two.

<snip>

T*E

Guest Slipperycakes

[EDITED] My armor which you havent seen yet isnt too thick, so how can you make the claims that it is if you have never seen, moron. I will post pics when i get home thursday or friday, i travel through the week and can end just about anywhere.

I started this contest becuase you were hassling my friend on ebay, claiming he recast your helmet.. hello, take a look at it, its not your helmet. got a clue to what it really is mr resident expert.

[EDITED]

I am done speaking to you now [EDIT]. i am currently building an ESB Boba Fett display, the parts come from friends and the helmet is a SGT-FANG, when its done i will post pics of that too. no recasting of any parts.

just of Matts stuff, because i have never liked him.

"no recasting of any parts. just of Matts stuff, because i have never liked him."

Haha. :lol:

Never liked me? [edit].. your recasting something I ha no one else did means you love me. I am not a God, [edit]! You are a [edit] recaster.

Again, every post you make trying to back up claims about WHY and HOW you should recast makes you look more foolish.

And again, you got a second gen casting, not one from the master molds.. your helmet is NOT accurate as you said you overdetailed it to achieve how YOU think it should look. So, it is a interpretation of the originals, not how the orginals actually are: thin, wavy and crammed together.

Your name is chris, so stop changing the name on your avatar. [edit]

T*E

These posts need to go away. Period.

I really am sick of this crap.

I agree.

Slippery/Fud/Chris, you have had your say.

Matt, you have had your say.

Thread is locked.

If anyone wants to post any pics, please feel free to do so, but start a new thread.

Adding one last:

Slippery - let's be clear that you're admitting to recasting Matt's work. You are well aware that recasting is against this Detachment's policy. You can sell what you want on RPF, but that type of behavior is not welcome here.

You are also free to state that you had a disagreement with Matt. But baiting anyone on these boards and making personal attacks is also not going to be tolerated. Take it back over to the RPF if you wish.

Anyone - and I mean anyone so this is not specific to Slippery or Matt - who engages in such immature behavior will be censured, and if such behavior continues will be banned.