Tall and skinny trooper looking for advice

Hey everybody,

Here's another iteration of every new recruit's most pressing question: Will I fit in this expensive set of armor that I haven't bought yet?

I'm 6'3" and a normally-proportioned 210 pounds. I wear a 42L suit, have a 36 inch waist, and a 33 inch inseam. The AP armor is within my budget, but would it fit? Will my knees look funny and gappy? Should I go with the RT-mod armor?

I'm a few inches taller than --------, but that post gives me some food for thought.

What armor type do you recommend? I have a sizable budget, since this has been a longstanding dream of mine.

Many thanks,

-Matt

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I would agree AM would be a great fit for you. I'm a skinny 6'2" and it's sized great for me with trimming for skinny limbs.

Check out my "Why I chose AM thread ---- for a detailed examination. You can also see pics of the kit out of the box with a review in my unboxing thread -----

AM is definitely that little bit longer in the limbs which can help reduce visible black areas. If you have saved up a good budget get an AM lite and spend for a good TM or TE2 helmet.

You could also get RT-Mod as it is even larger scaled for very tall/large troopers but it's a little more work for a first build and while it is generally considered a little more accurate than AM it can be a longer wait as it tends to be made if and when he has time. AM on the other is widely available (in fact I believe MightyTank is offering some kits in the For Sale threads right now.

It depends how long you can wait!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I was able to rock ATA/TE2 at 6' 180lbs and even had to trim the sides. However I did have to replace the shins with RT ones as the TE2's just don't quite fit me. Regardless of make, you'll find you have large gaps of black around the knees - even using AM the parts really aren't taller, and until someone sculpts shins/thighs with an extra 1 to 1-1/2" in length it will be the bane of the taller trooper.

IOW, up to you!